Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : 280GE M110 A/C High Idle proper function

Page 6 of 6 123456
280GE M110 A/C High Idle proper function
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/19/2021 2:40 AM
kepa75

Date registered: Nov 2017

Re: 280GE M110 A/C High Idle proper function

Hello, what tips do you need? I've done all with the air intake manifold in place... Quite tricky, but I've small hands fortunately.
If you need infos about the routing, I only can help you in a couple of weeks, when I'll get the car out of his garage away from home.

Ciao,

Peter
#242709 - in reply to #107903
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 8/24/2021 12:28 AM
Otiswesty
Administrator

Date registered: Jun 2007
Vehicle(s): 463.241, 461.213
RE: 280GE M110 A/C High Idle proper function

I was able to get it all routed and connected, and the end result is really nice. I found that my initial attempts to hook up the air bypass tubes to the aux air valve was misguided, and not possible for me to do with the engine in the car. I decided to take the intake manifold back out of the car and attached the rubber tubes to the aux air valve (air slide) as well as the small aluminum manifold for the cold start valve. Once the intake manifold was reinstalled, I was able to align and bolt in the small manifold associated with the cold start valve without difficulty and attach the end of the remaining rubber tube which parallels the head.

I also had some issues with properly tightening the fuel lines to the WUR and fuel regulator due to the very limited access, but patience and repeated attempts gave a good end result. The car now idles perfectly and it has been on a few short and long test drives with the nice performance one expects out of this great power plant.

I did end up using the simplest form of the air bypass pipes which were the stock version for my 1983 280GE. I do have the tubes and other FI parts for the AC valve and decel valve, so may add those in the future if they seem needed. The discussion here greatly helped me to get this done along with the m110 shop manual. If not for having some other parallel projects on the car, I probably could have had this finished some time ago.
#242955 - in reply to #107903
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 6 of 6 123456