Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Technical Forums : Mercedes-Benz Detailing and Car Care : Headliner got dirty from possibly grease

Page 1 of 1 1
Headliner got dirty from possibly grease
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 3/12/2009 3:47 AM
512bbi
Expert

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle(s): 05G55kge,Range rover classic,clk55amg,ML 430
Headliner got dirty from possibly grease

Hi everybody,I am a total newbe to this forum.
I had my sunroofs tube secured because of noise and the dealer in Scottsdale also lubed the sunroof a few months ago.
I noticed a couple of days after I got the car and I was already way south by the Border in the country in very dusty conditions that I had a couple of lines on the sunroofs headliner that looked that they could be a little bit of grease from the lube job they did.
As the time kept on going by doing a lot of off road driving everyday in dusty conditions the dirty markings keep on getting more pronounced.
The whole headliner looks new and clean everywhere else even though the interior has been exposed to a lot of dust before many times over and over.
Any pointers how to try to remove these spots with out making it worse will be greatly appreciated.

Mario
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 3/12/2009 9:05 AM
DUTCH
Administrator Doppelgänger

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI,2018 Sprinter
RE: Headliner got dirty from possibly grease

512bbi - 3/12/2009 3:47 AM

Hi everybody,I am a total newbe to this forum.
I had my sunroofs tube secured because of noise and the dealer in Scottsdale also lubed the sunroof a few months ago.
I noticed a couple of days after I got the car and I was already way south by the Border in the country in very dusty conditions that I had a couple of lines on the sunroofs headliner that looked that they could be a little bit of grease from the lube job they did.
As the time kept on going by doing a lot of off road driving everyday in dusty conditions the dirty markings keep on getting more pronounced.
The whole headliner looks new and clean everywhere else even though the interior has been exposed to a lot of dust before many times over and over.
Any pointers how to try to remove these spots with out making it worse will be greatly appreciated.

Mario

Try a carpet spot cleaning product called: "Spot Shot". It's an aerosol. Spray it on the soil and blot t up with a clean absorbent rag. Do this sparingly, as the solvent in Spot Shot is pretty strong; and it could cause the surface fabric to de-bond from the backing.
#146386 - in reply to #146375
Author
Posted 3/12/2009 3:46 PM
512bbi
Expert

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle(s): 05G55kge,Range rover classic,clk55amg,ML 430
RE: Headliner got dirty from possibly grease

Thanks Dutch I am going to try it as prescribed
My only worry is if it is grease if it will not come off so I never touched it yet so I do not mess things up.
#146399 - in reply to #146375
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1