Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Sedan Forums : W123 E,CE,D,CD,TD,TE Class : Wheel/tyre ditment guide

Page 1 of 1 1
Wheel/tyre ditment guide
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 6/3/2009 8:30 AM
storm

Date registered: Dec 1899
Wheel/tyre ditment guide

as some of you know i have OCD when it comes to swapping out wheels and tyres on my cars. however i have limited info on the W123 and i'm planning on fitting a set of rims i had on one of my W210's. now i know that they both had about the same size tyre and the wheel specs are almost exactly the same but my problem is that i have yet to hear of anyone fitting the following combo to a W123:

235/40R18 on 8.5x18's ET35
265/35R18 on 9.5x18's ET38

i don't REALLY want to widen the fenders since this has been my dads car from the day he picked her up at the factory,.. but i'm VERY tempted to make her ride wide. Biggest problem here (i'm in PK) is that original rims are very hard to come by and i have this set of carlsson rims lying around, any suggestions?

(200 (18).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 200 (18).jpg (466KB - 1 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 12/18/2009 4:30 AM
storm

Date registered: Dec 1899
Re: Wheel/tyre ditment guide

ok then,.... i got the car back from the dealership a few weeks ago but sadly on her maiden voyage i had a major issue with the throtle being stuck wide open which was a little hair raising but i got her home (spinning the rears with the fronts locked up all the way).

she's better now, and i've decided not to be muppet about the rims,.. stock is best.
#162223 - in reply to #151773
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1