Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Community forums : Mercedes-Benz Diesels : ML 400 CDI Engine clicking noise

Page 1 of 1 1
ML 400 CDI Engine clicking noise
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 9/30/2009 2:33 AM
Rino71

Date registered: Dec 1899
ML 400 CDI Engine clicking noise

I have ML 400 CDI. Last three weeks when I cold start my ML for 3-5 sec some strange clicking coming out from engine but when engine is hot no clicking on start at all. Found guy who was having a same clicking problem with ML 400.Here is what he say: First fact is that the skip protection is present on all ML400 cdi engines made in 2002 and onward.
Second fact is that every 100.000km / 80.000 miles the timing chain has to be replaced on this ML 400 cdi v8 OHM 628 engine.The first indicator on the problem is the clicking sound on every cold start up of the engine.My car at 170.000km and after all merc official service point denying to repair my car two years now from when the sound came in about 115.000km and today i had a screw of the slider that keeps the chain in track broken and thus the noisy crank i describe above.
Finally the mechanic had to take off the timming chain covers,the diesel evaporators,all radiators,the front belt and the headlights to have access to the sliders and syncro the timming chain.
Hellp will be appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1