Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Roadster Forums : R170 SLK Class : I had some fun this afternoon.......................

Page 1 of 1 1
I had some fun this afternoon.......................
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/12/2006 3:58 PM
Bruce R.

Date registered: Dec 1899
I had some fun this afternoon.......................

Came up along side a bright red Super Sport Camero at a traffic light Now normally I don't even like to hear about street racing, but sometimes you just can't help yourself... . The light turned and we left the line fairly slowly, but I was just a little ahead of him. That's when he nailed the throttle and got the jump on me, about a half cars worth of jump. I nailed it too at that point, and it was all over for him.... . I pulled ahead like he threw an anchor out the window, and kept pulling until I had about five car lengths. Then I throttled back and let him catch up. The look on his face was priceless . It was clear he had no Idea what AMG on the trunk lid meant. The kid had a good looking car, and now a story to tell. I guess, so have I......
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 5/12/2006 6:53 PM
BenzDieselTuner

RE: I had some fun this afternoon.......................

Sweet.........thats what i like to hear........
#11638 - in reply to #11584
Author
Posted 5/12/2006 11:28 PM
AsianML

Re: I had some fun this afternoon.......................

Sweet, would love to hear other kill stories like this. They make me laugh so hard. With the number of kill stories I've heard, I would've thought that almost everyone knew what AMG was. I guess I was wrong.
#11683 - in reply to #11638
Author
Posted 5/28/2006 10:57 AM
SLK32AMG

RE: I had some fun this afternoon.......................

Not a kill story, but before I bought the 32, I had a Mustang Cobra. I thought it was pretty fast, at least it was the fastest car I had ever owned. But the wife thought I was a little old for a "high school car", so I found an /02 32 w/4,500 miles on it at a decent price. I knew what AMG was because I had recently purchased a C230 Coupe when they first came out and started reading more about Benz. However, I did't appreciate what AMG really meant at the time. So I took the 32 on a 4 lane highway in Dallas for a test drive, and nailed it. I thought I was in a rocket, it shot up to 110 from 60 soooo fast. So I slowed down and did it again. Same response. I knew at that very instant that it was going home with me. I love it to this day. Just wish it had a little more leg room for a 6'2" frame but you gotta make a little sacrifice.
#17058 - in reply to #11584
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1