Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Technical Forums : Mercedes-Benz Detailing and Car Care : Spray touch up paint

Page 1 of 1 1
Spray touch up paint
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/20/2006 4:20 PM
phoenix44

Date registered: Dec 1899
Spray touch up paint

Has anybody used spray touch up paint to cover up stone chips? If so, what kind and any tips?

After the winter, the front of the ML looks like it was sand blasted, well just the lower part, it would take forever with a pen or dealers touch up paint..
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 5/20/2006 11:00 PM
JohnL

RE: Spray touch up paint

Are you talking about the front bumper cover?  Sounds like yours needs to be repainted.  A body shop should be able to do it around $300.
#14540 - in reply to #14483
Author
Posted 5/21/2006 1:11 AM
phoenix44

JohnL - 5/20/2006 11:00 PM

Are you talking about the front bumper cover?  Sounds like yours needs to be repainted.  A body shop should be able to do it around $300.

Well, perhaps I exagerated a bit. There are quite a number of stone chips, not on the front bumper cover but on the part of the hood, just below the grill. I have touched up some stone chips just above the head lights, but the ones lower are very small, but many.
#14580 - in reply to #14540
Author
Posted 6/5/2006 7:09 AM
ABenzGuy
Regular

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle(s): '06 ML350; '97 C280

When I lived in San Diego, Benz had this guy come around with a business called "Aero Colors" or something like that. He used a small air brush and did an awesome job covering up chips by filling them in gradually with the air brush. I watched him do it once. I'm seriously considering that. My ML and the wife's C280 are constantly getting hood and bumper chips and the little bottle and paint applicator you get from Benz just doesn't do a nice job - well, maybe it is just me working with that little brush and/or toothpick.
#19334 - in reply to #14483
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1