Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Technical Forums : Mercedes-Benz Wheels, Tires, Brakes and Suspension : How Does Tire Rack Work?

Page 2 of 2 12
How Does Tire Rack Work?
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 2/11/2008 12:31 AM
204Driver

Date registered: Dec 1899
RE: How Does Tire Rack Work?

Now that Tire Rack is the largest tire retailer in the country, they are controlling tire prices. What I have done several times is go to the local Discount Tire store (big chain) and tell them I want to buy a set of XXX tires and I want to pay the Tire Rack price. The counter guy then goes to the Tire Rack website, looks at their price, and says they can sell them at that price (from their local source) but they will add on the freight Tire Rack would have charged. I also have to pay local sales tax.

What I gain is that mounting is always included in their price but not balancing which you would pay anyway. Further, if any warranty issues arise later, it's local. And, Discount Tire provides lifetime balancing and flat repairs.

The Tire Rack website provides names of local tire installers by zip code (with links to their sites) who meet their qualifications and all prices are posted there. Further, you can post a review of the shop's work so if there is a screwup, they know it may show up on a national website.

That's how you use Tire Rack.

(C300-2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments C300-2.jpg (499KB - 4 downloads)
#109072 - in reply to #14503
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 2/13/2008 5:59 PM
Marsden
Classic MB

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): Mercedes-Benz
RE: How Does Tire Rack Work?

Makes sense.  Although in my case the local retailer did not carry the tires I ordered.

Maybe they could have ordered them though..

KNOCKOUT C300 btw!

#109460 - in reply to #14487
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 2 of 2 12