Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Community forums : General Mercedes-Benz Discussions : New GLK - help-acc pedal too far away

Page 1 of 1 1
New GLK - help-acc pedal too far away
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 6/23/2011 8:14 AM
JohnM
New user

Date registered: Jun 2011

New GLK - help-acc pedal too far away

Perhaps one of you can assist me. My sister is in her seventies and the proud owner of a brand new Jade Green GLK. She is 5'1" and quite petite. She has had RX 300 & 330 previously. She puts seat up very far so she can see out properly. She is quite dismayed because she cannot rest her heel on the floor and must push the accelerator pedal with the ball of her foot quite firmly in order to properly operate the vehicle. Clearly this is going to be a big problem for an older woman on a long drive!

I understand this vehicle does not have adjustable pedals. Do any of you have any suggestions on how she might approach this or whether there are any adjustments to both/either the accelerator pedal or the amount of pressure required to operate it that the MB service department might undertake?

Secondly, she has a quite small garage. Does her GLK have power side mirrors? Is there any way she can tuck the mirrors into the side of the vehicle...while driving into or out of the garage...or must the vehicle be stationary in order to tuck the mirrors in?

Thank you so much for your advice. She loves the car but the pedal issue is a big deal for her.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1