Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Sedan Forums : W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class : Rear parcel/hat shelf

Page 1 of 1 1
Rear parcel/hat shelf
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 6/3/2006 9:32 AM
nomad

Date registered: Dec 1899
Rear parcel/hat shelf

I'm waiting on some 6x9's I've bought online, so with a bit of time on my hands, thought I might prepare somewhere to fit them
At the moment I have 6.5" Lanzar 3-ways under those covers which sound great I don't really need 6x9's as I have a sub in the boot (trunk) for bass but they'll give a bit more mid-range kick

I don't mind losing the use of the storage bins in the rear shelf either, they're just junk holders anyway

Maybe better daylight pics tomorrow

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

What do you reakon?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 6/3/2006 1:27 PM
jdc1244

RE: Rear parcel/hat shelf

Looks great. Do you have any speakers under the stock grills? I replaced all the speakers in my 500 but did not use the storage bins.

#18907 - in reply to #18873
Author
Posted 6/4/2006 2:36 AM
nomad

The factory rear speakers are not in use and I have no plans to use them, I'm sure you'll agree the old one's are not much better than useless

Also, with the small rear speaker pods of 1st gens there's not many options if your wanting to make a direct replacement
I didn't want to have ugly speaker boxes or oval grilles on the shelf so tried to make them a 'little' more discrete
#19053 - in reply to #18873
Author
Posted 6/4/2006 4:10 AM
420 SE

Hey nomad, looks good!

Where did you get your 3rd brake light? It looks LED.

Also I PM'd you on the other forum about what paint you used on your headlight reflectors and have you had any problems with it burning?

Cheers
#19070 - in reply to #18873
Author
Posted 6/4/2006 6:32 AM
nomad

The centre brake light was already fitted when I bought the car, it was fitted in order to be complied for NZ roads when it arrived from Japan, it is LED
Repco probably have them

As for the painted reflectors, I actually forgot I had done that to them to be honest
I've had no problems at all with them, even having had the lights on for hours at a time
I got the paint from Spotlight, it's Pébéo transparent glass paint which has great heat tolerance once it has been baked on, I left them under a heat lamp for a few hours
#19092 - in reply to #18873
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1