Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Welcome to PointedThree : Welcome New Member! : Hi from Southern NSW Australia

Page 1 of 1 1
Hi from Southern NSW Australia
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 10/21/2016 4:55 PM
svengali0
New user

Date registered: Mar 2016
Vehicle(s): w460 300 230 280 w202 C250TD & 130 Land Rover

Hi from Southern NSW Australia

Hi everyone!!

Pleased to have joined this useful forum just recently.

A little about me.

Long history with Benz and Landrover products. My most recent work is conversion aussie army 4BD1T into 130 dual cab.
This is my tow all.

I now have three W460s, two w 202 (c250TD and an s202 wagon- the GF's car), and three Pug 404's (two utes and a wagon- restoration jobs. i think the world of these things).

My project work presently on the drawing board and parts gathering is 1987 cabrio 230GE, a 1982 LWB 280GE, and a converted LWB 300GD where someone installed a local Buick sourced 3.8 V6 pushrod petrol & four speed GM electronic auto some years ago (shakes head- haven't picked this up yet- its on a farm some 500+km away- apparently it goes like a rocket up to 80km/h). I'm thinking of a single cab utility conversion for this vehicle. Not sure what I'll do with the 'other than Benz' eng/trans. This kind of thing doesn't sit well with me.

Both of the LWB vehicles are rusty- the SWB cabrio much cleaner but still needing the tin-worm repairs. Having owned several dozen Italian cars in the 80's and 90's, I am very familiar with working on rust.

I have an OM605.960 presently on my engine stand waiting for rebuild. It will be going into the Cabrio. Have just purchased a 716647 trans and need solutions for shifter, DMF and clutch. I also need solutions for eng mounts and sump/pan & oil pump / pickup. The cabrio needs another soft top, and the fiberglass flares are not at all pleasing.

I will refinish the SWB with a newer Oriental Brown/Bronze Benz colour and hope to have this all up and running within the 12 months- aiming for 300BH/p or thereabouts.

Anyways- that enough of me blabbering on.

Cheers
Steu
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1