Author
Posted 6/10/2017 5:35 AM
bluegg
Veteran

Date registered: Nov 2016
Vehicle(s): 1985 300GDT, 2003 Beetle 1.8t S, 1982 F350 SC Dual
ADVISE

1984 300SD turbo diesel.
I removed my bumper a couple of days ago and it required removal of two bolts on each side and a nut removed from a stud on the chassis on each side.
Tricky bit was removing the outside temperature sensor attached to the bumper besjde the license plate holder on the rear of the bumper.
A milk crate or low stool is required to set the removed bumper on to work at the very corroded temp sensor attaching bolt or screw. I couldn't tell what it was.
That classless attack on Pinot Noir was a disgrace. He was helping with sound advise.
Perhaps those asking questions should buy a manual suited to their specific vehicle and look at that first. Next buy a set of coveralls and have a look. Third graciously accept any free advise offered and if you discover differences don't attack your adviser--let him know you have something different.
There are may mods performed on many pre-owned cars by owners, their mechanics and their friends.
Fourth, after you dig your head out of your colon, dig your wallet out and see what you can get out of a $90 hour dealership "professional" who is likely made 15 years after your car.
Save your stupid questions for your parents. They are used to it. YOU KNOW?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1