Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W164 & W166 M-Class : 2012 W166 ML250 Blutec

Page 1 of 1 1
2012 W166 ML250 Blutec
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 7/1/2017 9:48 PM
melvynsteiner
New user

Date registered: Jan 2014
Vehicle(s): 2012 ML250 Bluetec W166: 1997 C200 Kompressor

2012 W166 ML250 Blutec

I have a 2012 W166 ML250 Bluetec and I need to remove and replace the rear air vent - cuurent blades are missing / damaged and I have a replacement unit. Anyone know how to remove the plastic frame around the vent unit?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 11/1/2017 8:42 PM
melvynsteiner
New user

Date registered: Jan 2014
Vehicle(s): 2012 ML250 Bluetec W166: 1997 C200 Kompressor

Re: 2012 W166 ML250 Blutec

OK, I have an update and problem solved.Recently I had to remove the rear air vent in my 2012 ML250 Bluetec W166 Series. I could not find any notes on how to do this any any of the forums. A panel beater mate of mine finally worked it out, so here is the way its done.
Firstly, do not try to leaver the surrounding frame off the centre console. 4 screws hold the frame around the rear air vent and cigarette tray in place. 2 are behind the spring loaded pop out cigarette tray and the other two can be accessed through the small storage compartment at the bottom of the cigarette tray.
First remove the rubber insert in the storage compartment. There are two screws – one either side up towards the top and set well into the back of the compartment. Take them out being careful not to lose them when pulling them out – a magnetic Phillips head will help.
Next, you need to release the pop out cigarette tray. There is a tab at the top that stops the tray from coming out of the surrounding frame, Gently apply some pressure with a plastic lever – or carefully with a screw driver, between the top back of the cigarette tray and the frame – it should release the tray and allow it to lay almost flat on the floor. Now you will see 2 more screws that need to be removed. Remove them, gently lift the plastic frame surround and it should come off easily revealing the air vent. You will probably have to disconnect the power to the cigarette lighter in the bottom of the frame to clear the frame so it can be worked on.
The air vent is held in with some very flimsy tabs which have a tendency to break easily, so be gentle – I had to use super glue when putting my replacement back in to hold the vent in place.
Reverse the process to put it all back together
#237498 - in reply to #236577
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1