Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : For Sale/Trade/ Wanted Items : Cleaning out the basement . . .

Page 1 of 1 1
Cleaning out the basement . . .
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 4/13/2020 9:06 PM
Floobydust
Veteran

Date registered: Mar 2014
Vehicle(s): 1995 E320 Cabrio, 2003 G500, 2000 SL500, 1980 TR8
Cleaning out the basement . . .

I have been cleaning out the basement and I have some G stuff for give away or for sale as listed below. I can send pics if interested.

Front drag links from a 2003 G500 with 80K miles. I naively replaced these as part of my quest to get rid of the dreaded death wobble (new tires did the trick) when I first got my truck. My, how we have learned since. I believe the boots and the ball joints are okay except for one of the replaceable joints on the drag link where both can be replaced separately. I think there is still some life left in them or they may be useful for troubleshooting purposes. These are free to pick up in the metro-west suburbs of Boston or I would ship to the US for the cost of shipping.

Bull Bar parts. I collected these for my G500 which did not come with a bull bar. I never got around to putting them on. The cut bull bar is genuine MB, while I believe the full one is aftermarket. I think I have a complete setup with all of the mounting hardware (including the special wrench), but I am not entirely sure. These are free to pick up in the metro-west suburbs of Boston.

Rear driveshaft from a 2003 G500 with 80K miles. I replaced this as part of my quest to get rid of a vibration in the drive train. A new driveshaft made no difference, so I assume the old one is okay, however it has been sitting in my basement for several years. This is free to pick up in the metro-west suburbs of Boston or I would ship to the US for the cost of shipping.

Fuel tank pressure sensor (163 542 05 18). I bought this after a check engine light for evap leak, but the problem turned out to be the purge valve. This unit is new, never installed. $45 shipped to the USA.

Front Driveshaft (4604102218). This is a known good (80K miles) driveshaft which I replaced as part of my vibration chasing. This is the W463 style with the greaseable U-joints. $150 plus shipping.

Front Driveshaft (4634101302) This is the later style non-greaseable U-joint design. I bought this from a bone yard (60K miles), but I have never installed it, so I'm not sure about it's status. The U-joints are tight and don't bind, so I think it's okay. I will ship it for the cost of shipping and if it works for you, send me what you think its worth.

Left and Right new style window regulator w/o motor. These are new Chinese copies for the new style windows regulator. Door modification (there is a DIY somewhere on one of these forums) will be needed to use them in early MBUSA trucks. $25/each plus shipping. If you need a motor to (these rarely fail), I think I have an extra to go with it.

I'm not sure that the PM system is working for this forum, so you can email me at floobydust at gmail dot com if you are interested in something.

Thanks.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 11/19/2021 1:37 PM
boilerworks
Veteran

Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle(s): 02 G500
RE: Cleaning out the basement . . .

still have the window regulators?
#243191 - in reply to #241642
Top of the page Bottom of the page