Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Technical Forums : Mercedes-Benz Detailing and Car Care : Tried to repair golf ball dig

Page 1 of 1 1
Tried to repair golf ball dig
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 6/17/2006 11:16 AM
phoenix44

Date registered: Dec 1899
Tried to repair golf ball dig

I took off the rear door panel, very easy! However, any thought of just pushing the ding back out quickly evaporated. There is a double wall in the door skin, so you must have to drill through the inner skin to pop out the visible ding on the outer skin, plus where my ding is, there is an inner frame for all the odds & ends such as window motors etc. I will have to leave it to the pros. So far no luck in finding a Dent doctor or dent clinic etc...Argh....
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 6/18/2006 12:53 PM
Boneheaddoctor
W123 Host

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle(s): '79 300SD, '83 300D, '75 Harley-Davidson Chopper
Re: Tried to repair golf ball dig

If you were in the USA you could call Paintless dent repair. They charge per panel but being you are in Canada all bets are off. Do you have any friends on this side of the border who you could visit when you get an appointment on this side of the boarder? Just a thought in case there is no Canadian company doing a simular type work.
#24428 - in reply to #24232
Author
Posted 6/18/2006 11:10 PM
ByByeAmericanPie

RE: Tried to repair golf ball dig

phoenix44 - 6/17/2006 11:16 AM

I took off the rear door panel, very easy! However, any thought of just pushing the ding back out quickly evaporated. There is a double wall in the door skin, so you must have to drill through the inner skin to pop out the visible ding on the outer skin, plus where my ding is, there is an inner frame for all the odds & ends such as window motors etc. I will have to leave it to the pros. So far no luck in finding a Dent doctor or dent clinic etc...Argh.... :banghead:

Have you thought about one of those DIY paintless dent removal kits? Might be just what you need.
#24584 - in reply to #24232
Author
Posted 9/2/2006 2:20 PM
phoenix44

RE: Tried to repair golf ball dig

Finally, fixed!!

almost perfect, the metal was stretched a little, so it was a bit more difficult. Unless you knew where to look, you would never see it...amazing!!
#42644 - in reply to #24584
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1