Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Community forums : Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing : Mercedes-Benz AMG Studio

Page 1 of 1 1
Mercedes-Benz AMG Studio
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 8/2/2006 3:26 PM
AsianML

Date registered: Dec 1899
Mercedes-Benz AMG Studio

Have It Your Way: Mercedes-AMG Unveils Customizing Studio

Date posted: 07-22-2006

AFFALTERBACH, Germany — Mercedes-AMG on Friday announced it is opening a new performance studio here that is set up to grant customers' individual requests, from special paint jobs and cutting-edge audio to unique made-to-order models.

To inaugurate the new studio, it debuted the new SLK 55 AMG Black Series, a special coupe version of the eight-cylinder roadster.

The SLK 55 AMG Black Series will go on sale by the end of July at a price of $136,019, the company said. It will be equipped with an upgraded AMG 5.5-liter V8 that makes 400 horsepower and 383 pound-feet of torque. It will be outfitted with a high-strength carbon roof, 19-inch AMG forged wheels, AMG adjustable suspension and a high-performance composite brake system.

The performance house said it will also debut a limited batch of 100 units of the 582-hp CLK DTM AMG Cabriolet at a price of $352,180. Mercedes-AMG describes this vehicle as the "world's fastest open-top four-seater." It can sprint from zero to 62 mph in 4 seconds.

Mercedes-AMG said the Performance Studio team will be able to make "very specific technical modifications including AMG sports chassis, AMG high-performance brakes, AMG wheel/tire combinations, limited-slip differentials, and customized interior features."

"We are receiving more and more requests from AMG fans and sports-car enthusiasts from around the world for even more dynamic vehicles, special equipment features and specific components," said Volker Mornhinweg, CEO of Mercedes-AMG. "The new Performance Studio makes it possible for us to meet these requests."

What this means to you: If you can dream it — and have the cash to back it up — they can build it.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=116253 

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 8/8/2006 11:13 AM
BenzDieselTuner

Re: Mercedes-Benz AMG Studio

wow, and according to my 123 book, AMG back then did have diesel power upgrades, so this means that they still would have it.......i should send in an email asking what they can do for my Coupe Diesel Turbo to make it faster.........they said in the 123 book even that 240D models could get power upgrade, so they HAVE to have mine, right?!
#36408 - in reply to #34921
Author
Posted 8/8/2006 11:30 AM
AsianML

Re: Mercedes-Benz AMG Studio

Ummm....I don't think they do older models. From what I understand this is like ordering a car, except you can do extra things while ordering it.
#36409 - in reply to #36408
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1