Page 1 of 1 1
Spark plugs
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 4/27/2006 3:24 PM
jtbeche

Date registered: Dec 1899
Spark plugs

So I'm coming up on 100K miles and I know I need to change my spark plugs.  I do realize this has been covered on other forums but I thought I'd at least start a little something here.  So, my questions......

Should I change both the plugs and the wires?  I think I should but I could see an argument for just changing the plugs and only changing the wires if something is wrong with them.

What kind of plugs and wires would you get?  Many options here, so let's just say a nice set but not top of the line. 

I think I'm going to do this myself as the dealer wants and arm and a leg, so I think the Lisle spark plug boot removal tool would be a good thing to have (shown attached).  I've also heard a 17mm wrench can be used. 

What is the correct gapping to use on our cars?

Last, probably best to remove the coil packs that are held on by a torx bolt.

Anything else to add?  BB, I know you've done this yourself and would be a good source of knowledge. 

(lisle.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments lisle.jpg (5KB - 5 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 4/28/2006 8:00 AM
blackbenzz

Date registered: Dec 1899
RE: Spark plugs

All I remember was that it was a real B*TCH! Especially in the cold. You're gonna need 16 plugs. I also replaced my wires (evilsport). Definitely take the coil packs out to give yourself more room. If I remember correctly I loosened the windshield washer reservoir to move it out the way and give myself even more room. I dont remember much about the install but I do remember the dealer quoting me something crazy like a grand for install. Good luck.
#4496 - in reply to #3742
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1