Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Sedan Forums : W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class : Mercedes-Benz Christmas grill wreath with lights!

Page 1 of 1 1
Mercedes-Benz Christmas grill wreath with lights!
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 11/23/2006 6:50 PM
Rolex

Date registered: Dec 1899
Mercedes-Benz Christmas grill wreath with lights!

Well seems every year you see a few people with them. Usually it’s a luxury barge or a red neck pick up. This year I think I too will give it a whirl.

Anyone ever made one? I figure I will need a few strands of them 9 volt battery Christmas lights, a sturdy wreath and some chicken wire.

Perhaps a miniature Christmas tree to slide over the hood star or a giant red glowing bulb. I don’t know why but for some reason I have always wanted to sport one over the snowy holidays.

Seems like it was Nov 1st yesterday and now thanksgiving has come and gone! Need to find a way to slow time down.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 11/23/2006 7:28 PM
nomad

RE: Mercedes-Benz Christmas grill wreath with lights!

Good way to show your xmas spirit

I have not done that but, I do have my own 'celebratory' light show on my 500, I have an exhaust flame kit at the back and at the front I have a strobe light in each of the headlights where the fogs normally go, originally I had red and blue strobes inside them but I have changed to plain white strobes as I wouldn't want to get in trouble with the police, for obvious reasons

Why do I have strobes in my car?...I'm not sure...because I can I guess

#54122 - in reply to #54120
Author
Posted 12/10/2006 10:12 PM
1996_S500

nomad - 11/23/2006 4:28 PM

I have not done that but, I do have my own 'celebratory' light show on my 500, I have an exhaust flame kit at the back and at the front I have a strobe light in each of the headlights where the fogs normally go, originally I had red and blue strobes inside them but I have changed to plain white strobes as I wouldn't want to get in trouble with the police, for obvious reasons

those strobe lights sound awesome. Would it be possible to shoot a vid, or some pics of that nomad? You're W126 is awesome.
#56307 - in reply to #54122
Author
Posted 12/13/2006 2:47 PM
NZ Benz
Expert

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 1993 300SEL/S320

nomad - 11/23/2006 7:28 PM

I want read and blue lights in my grille to pull over slow moving tourist campervans up here during the summer, I'd be the hero of everyone on the roads.
#56541 - in reply to #54122
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1