Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Community forums : Mercedes-Benz Safety and Testimonials : Night Vision

Page 1 of 1 1
Night Vision
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 12/4/2006 11:00 PM
Naomilla2.0

Date registered: Dec 1899
Night Vision

This topic may be more appropriate in the newly established lighting forum, but it does touch on safety issues so I'll post it here:

Just replaced OE headlight bulbs on my Element with Osram Syvania Silverstar and what a difference it makes!  I had the bulbs since June but decided to wait until now to install them - one reason being these bulbs apparently operate at higher temperature and burn out faster.  From what I gleaned from user reviews, majority of Silverstar bulbs burn out around six months afte rinstallation - let's see how long mine lasts...  True to some claims, the headlight fresnel lens were warm, almost hot to the touch after a neighborhood errand after dusk.  On the other hand, the visibility improvement was immediately noticeable.  The new S class has Night Vision Assist, but for most of us, the easiest way to improve night vision is by way of switching to higher performance bulbs or install HID.

Here's the link to Osram-Sylvania site:

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/HighPerformance/Silverstar/

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 12/13/2006 5:20 PM
AsianML

Re: Night Vision

I want to get a set of bi-xenons for the ML sometime. The headlights + foglights are close to useless in the rain, especially on the highway.
#56566 - in reply to #55752
Author
Posted 12/11/2007 9:14 PM
C280Matt

I thought this was going to be a topic on actual night vision. Lexus (am I allowed to say that here?) has some really cool systems like a FLIR scope that displays on your navigation screen, and mirrors that adjust to the height of your eyes.
#100073 - in reply to #55752
Author
Posted 12/31/2007 2:59 PM
AsianML

C280Matt - 12/11/2007 9:14 PM I thought this was going to be a topic on actual night vision. Lexus (am I allowed to say that here?) has some really cool systems like a FLIR scope that displays on your navigation screen, and mirrors that adjust to the height of your eyes.
MB has a night vision system too! Although it doesn't sound as sophisticated as Lexus' system.
#102738 - in reply to #100073
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1