Author
Posted 3/12/2007 4:30 AM
Marsden
Classic MB

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): Mercedes-Benz
Autobytel review

Eighteen-page review, and I read it all

Not too much new, and a couple of internal contradictions, but fun reading nonetheless.

So, if you need to silence the stereo suddenly (which happens all the time) you have to navigate the on-screen menu or pulse the steering-wheel control?  (no traditional volume control?)

That would worry me a bit.  But maybe I'm mistaken?   

http://www.autobytel.com/content/shared/articles/templates/index.cfm/article_page_order_int/1/article_id_int/2064

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 3/12/2007 7:15 PM
AsianML

Date registered: Dec 1899
Re: Autobytel review

A few contradictions alright. They say the S600 and S65 are overkill (yeah, right) but then they say to get the S65 if you want a better handler.

They said the rear doors were pretty heavy. Well, can't say I disagree, but what do you expect from a car that big, and a car that needs doors that big (heads of state can't be bothered to move and bend their body a little to get in. BTW, the rear doors can open at a near 90 degree angle.

Some things I don't like about the reviews are explanations. They do a good job with visualization and describing things, but not much explaining going on. Kind of like Top Gear of old and Top Gear of now. One example in this review is the 'complaint' of the tranny response while in comfort mode and the tires squealing. He should at least say the engine lags a bit in comfort because it starts off in second gear in a 2+ ton car! The tires...they're not performance tires, what more do you expect from them?

Good review overall. Much better than the CR reports in general, but CR auto reviews.....anything is better.

One question though, I couldn't find the date of the article. I'm asking because the one he drove was a VERY early production model.
#66718 - in reply to #66653
Author
Posted 3/12/2007 7:53 PM
Marsden
Classic MB

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): Mercedes-Benz
RE: Autobytel review

yeah I read a bunch of their reviews last night and it was hard to figure out when each one was written..  oh well

#66735 - in reply to #66653
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1