Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Coupe and Convertible Forums : W208 CLK Class : CPS Crankshaft Position Sensor

Page 1 of 1 1
CPS Crankshaft Position Sensor
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 4/10/2007 3:25 AM
benzokevo

Date registered: Dec 1899
CPS Crankshaft Position Sensor

Hey all, I'm a new poster to this site and just wanted to mention that it has been a big help in quite a few issues that have come up with my 2001 clk 320. thanx to all of u who post here! I had a recent issue with my vehicle and wanted to re-inforce the crankshaft sensor or "speed sensor" problem with a lot of these vehicles. My car had starting problems and would crank but would not start. sometimes it would die out at low speeds and sometimes just quit on me at a stoplight and would not start back up. but of course after about twenty minutes of sitting it would turn right over. well after taking it in low and behold i was told the crankshaft position sensor was quite the common culprit for symptoms like those and after swapping it out...wahla, no more starting problems. part cost about a hundred bucks. easy fix for a very big problem.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 4/11/2007 10:47 PM
jtbeche

Date registered: Dec 1899
RE: CPS Crankshaft Position Sensor

Yeah, I'd say that's one of the single biggest problems for these cars that also happens to be a pretty easy do it yourself fix. 
#69802 - in reply to #69602
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1