Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Roadster Forums : R107 SL/SLC Class : I need to clear out my 107's

Page 1 of 1 1
I need to clear out my 107's
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 4/18/2007 7:26 PM
Merz-Ben
Extreme Veteran

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle(s): 230G, U1200, U1250 DoKa, U1300L, U1500, U1700, 416
I need to clear out my 107's

Hey Guys,

I see there has not been much activity in here for a while, and I am usually over at the G wagen Board.

I've got a barn full of 107's I need to sell, I've come to the conclusion I don't have the time to restore them.

#1) a 1972 350SL grey market car, has been stripped down, the interior is out, engine is out, and has a coat of primer on it, VERY rust free body, only rust at all is under the passenger side taillight. I have all of the interior, engine and trans, ect. I just don't have the time to finish it. Has both the hard and soft tops, The soft top is in very good condition, although the windows should be replaced. It also has an european body kit for it with front and rear bumpers (fiberglass), side moldings and side skirts, and a deck lid spoiler. Car has a Florida title on it and odometer is in KM's (I think it shows 250K Km on it).

#2) 1973 450SLC, rough car, I bought it for parts, has been hit in the front, but did run good and drive when I pulled it into the barn 3 years ago. Interior is intact, but is pretty much a parts car, the deck lid and taillights are in decent shape, and I think the front bumper is salvagable, but the lights, hood, and fenders are history. Car came out of New York, and I have a good title for it.

#3) 1976 450SL, strait car, but has the tipical rust for the 107's and a crappy paint job. It could be fixed, but my plan was to take parts off it, but it is complete now. Only has 107 K miles on it. Has hard and soft tops, but the soft top needs the windows replaced. Has the European headlights and an AMG front facia, along with a upgraded 3rd rear brakelight. The previous owner also thought it would be cute to put 560SL badges on it. I got the car on trade on a Rover, and it did run, but the fuel pressure regulator is failing, and it has a bad brake master cylinder for the brakes. The guy claimed he drove it the summer of 2005, but who knows, I didn't end up getting a title on it, because the guy got thrown in jail before he could get it to me... but I ran a police check on it and it is not stolen. I think I can get a title on it if I have to, but I'll need some more money for doing the leg work on it.

Bottom line is I would like to get $6000 for the three of them in a package deal, all as is with the '76 having no title, but cash does talk in a position like this... I really need to clean out the barn for my G wagen and Unimog projects. I would seperate out any one of them if someone was interested in just one. I don't have any pictures of them, as they are all stored in a barn, but if you are really serious I can get them out and take pictures. PM me if you are interested.

Cheers,
Ben

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 4/24/2007 3:40 AM
BenzDieselTuner

Date registered: Dec 1899
Re: I need to clear out my 107's

im sorry to hear that you must abandon your project.......i hope they go to a good home......
#71289 - in reply to #70582
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1