Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Sedan Forums : W210 E Class : Battery Disconnecting & Resyncronizing

Page 1 of 1 1
Battery Disconnecting & Resyncronizing
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/3/2006 12:23 AM
storm

Date registered: Dec 1899
Battery Disconnecting & Resyncronizing

(Original post is by Harb on BW, I do not claim this as my own work) Here is a comprehensive list of all items that need (or may need) to be synchronized after loss of power (i.e., battery disconnect): Synchronizing Head Restraints: If the power supply was interrupted (battery disconnected or empty), the head restraints are no longer adjusted automatically. To resynchronize the adjustment feature, turn electronic key in steering lock to position 2, move the seat completely forward and the head restraint fully down, and hold respective buttons for approximately two seconds. Synchronizing power windows: If the power supply was interrupted (battery disconnected or low), the windows cannot be opened or closed by the Express feature. To resynchronize the express feature, press side of power window switch to resistance point until the window is completely closed and hold for additional 2 seconds. Repeat procedure for each window. The automatic full opening and closing procedure of the windows should now be restored. Synchronizing sliding/pop-up roof: If the power supply was interrupted (battery disconnected or low), or if the sliding/pop-up roof is blocked during closing/opening procedure, the system has to be synchronized. To do so, turn electronic key in steering lock to position 2, move and hold switch in direction (3), until the sliding/pop-up roof is completely raised at rear, and hold for additional 1 second. Synchronizing ESP: If the power supply was interrupted (battery disconnected or empty), the BAS/ESP malfunction indicator lamp may be illuminated with the engine running. Turn steering wheel completely to the left and then to the right. The BAS/ESP malfunction indicator lamp should go out. Synchronizing remote control: The remote control may have to be resynchronized, if the vehicle cannot be locked or unlocked. To synchronize insert electronic key in steering lock. The remote control should once again be operational.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 12/21/2013 10:21 PM
NHDave
Extreme Veteran

Date registered: Dec 2013
Vehicle(s): 2004 AMG
Re: Battery Disconnecting & Resyncronizing

Sorry guys, I could not find the updated post about resynchronizing after a battery disconnect, I copied two days ago,
I would like to add, the SRS to the list? I went thru the list of adjustments mentioned and all went well, except the "SRS, "visit workshop".
I tried to reset the head restraint once again but still the dash would flash, "SRS, Safety restraint system malfunction", Visit workshop"!
Then though, I'll place all the seat belts in their respective receptacles and restart the truck. In what order, I can't remember, key position and all but it went away!
Just something I had to deal with and thought it would be worth others to explore as part of the resynchronizing exercise?
Thank you for all being here..

David
#219004 - in reply to #7613
Author
Posted 4/28/2016 3:12 PM
Ali-G
New user

Date registered: Feb 2016
Vehicle(s): 02 G500

Re: Battery Disconnecting & Resyncronizing

Thank you NHDave.  I appreciate your quick response and your guidance on the re-sync. I'll hope that will resolve the alerts/malfunctions.  As indicated, the alerts are intermittent and appear/disappear every couple of days.  

Thanks again for your support.

#232218 - in reply to #219004
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1