Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Community forums : Mercedes-Benz Safety and Testimonials : B Brakes Work :-0

Page 1 of 1 1
B Brakes Work :-0
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/3/2006 12:07 PM
Misfit

Date registered: Dec 1899
B Brakes Work :-0

The Canadian Baby Benz - the B Class

I admit - it would have been my fault - but there was a menace to navigation on the side of the road (cough) and my attention wandered -

When sanity returned -I had to hit the binders - hard ......... OK really hard ............ Ok Ok, Mash 'em to the floor

Not only did the B stop on a dime & leave 6 cents change, but no front end dive - no shudder, so steering wheel trying to jump out of your hands - just rock solid stopping.

It was good :-)

Benz 1 - Driver 0
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 5/4/2006 1:33 AM
matteus

Re: B Brakes Work :-0

Makes you realize how much you actually ADORE brakes, don't you?
#8226 - in reply to #7788
Author
Posted 5/4/2006 12:20 PM
Misfit

Especially good ones :-)

I am quite confident that my last vehicle would have hit - maybe not hard by that point - but hard enough ........
#8382 - in reply to #8226
Author
Posted 5/7/2006 5:25 PM
AsianML

Glad you made it out safely. It's unbelievable how much they put into engineering the safety into these cars.
#10379 - in reply to #7788
Author
Posted 5/9/2006 12:22 AM
storm

oh how far ze germanz have come in just a few decades. Stamp on the brakes in one of my beetles and you'll be in a ditch!
#11069 - in reply to #7788
Author
Posted 5/14/2006 8:31 AM
matteus

Yeah, I remember in the beginning I had my 190E 1.8... I was shocked about the brakes. They absolutely sucked. They warped when you slowed down from 140kph to 50kph or so. Well, what do you expect from non ventilated small rotors hehe. I then installed the 300E's front brake system on the car, and it was the best thing I had ever done on the car. These babies slowed the car down from 210kph to 80kph in no time, and they did it like it was a trip to the grocery store. Amazing...
Recently I've put the old brakes back on, because I want to keep the 300E brakes for the 2.0 AMG. Haha, and then I took it for a drive... I came back home, got out of the car, and noticed something.... hmmm is the color of metal steaming red??? lol. I was asking myself: damn, and I thought I was going easy on them...

hehe, I loooooove brakes.

Hey, it's starting to become a trend, the Double calliper set-up. The maybach exelero uses it, and the new S65 AMG uses it too. That's quite intresting... although you then have to buy 2 sets of brake pads just for the front... oooh! hehe

greetz,

matteus
#12050 - in reply to #7788
Author
Posted 5/14/2006 8:33 AM
matteus

Oh, and ok, it's not a merc, but the Alfa's braking system is one of the best I have ever driven with. They don't look very impressive, but boy do they BITE! and they are pretty undestructable too. I have tried several times to fade them, but I have failed every attempt miserably. The best I can do is make them smoke a bit. hehe

Me like...
#12051 - in reply to #7788
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1