Page 1 of 1 1
616 engine question
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 7/17/2007 1:44 PM
HorseBox

Date registered: Dec 1899
616 engine question

Maybe this should be in the vintage bit? but here goes.
I've just driven an old 307 horse box over from Sweden and it needs a bit of work for MOT etc ....but I want to be kind of happy that the engine is not completely knackered.
Starts on the button, ticks over smooth even after sitting unused for 6 months...but...there seems to be lots of crankase/rocker box compression, taking the vent pipe off and its blowing...take the oil filler cap off and it sprays oil.

However it doesn't use oil, vacuum shut off is a bit slow...takes about 2 seconds to shut the fuel off.

So is the rocker box pressure normal? and is the vacuum level OK? the brakes seem a bit crap so could this be a low vacuum?

Thanks for your help, time to walk the dog now
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 7/18/2007 8:01 AM
DUTCH
Administrator Doppelgänger

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI,2018 Sprinter
RE: 616 engine question

HorseBox - 7/17/2007 1:44 PM

Maybe this should be in the vintage bit? but here goes.
I've just driven an old 307 horse box over from Sweden and it needs a bit of work for MOT etc ....but I want to be kind of happy that the engine is not completely knackered.
Starts on the button, ticks over smooth even after sitting unused for 6 months...but...there seems to be lots of crankase/rocker box compression, taking the vent pipe off and its blowing...take the oil filler cap off and it sprays oil.

However it doesn't use oil, vacuum shut off is a bit slow...takes about 2 seconds to shut the fuel off.

So is the rocker box pressure normal? and is the vacuum level OK? the brakes seem a bit crap so could this be a low vacuum?

Thanks for your help, time to walk the dog now

I've contacted a friend in the UK and asked him to contact you to see if he can help.
#82815 - in reply to #82724
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1