Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Community forums : Mercedes-Benz Diesels : guys i could really use some expert advise ...

Page 1 of 1 1
guys i could really use some expert advise ...
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 7/23/2007 9:57 PM
beeturbo

Date registered: Dec 1899
guys i could really use some expert advise ...

I have an 87 300sdl 6cyl turbodiesel.. im wondering are there ways to increase the performance.. i installed a K&N air filter inside the air box. im wondering if there is a way to mayb turn up the boost 1-2 lbs theres a device that kinda looks like a waste gat that sits on the output side of the turbo and it has a screw with a lock nut on it im wondering is that where i would adjust the boost .? does anyone know whats the specs for normal boost bressure ? and how much more it will tolerate without damaging the engine .. also if anyone has ever adapted intercooler set up another type car in the junk yard ? it really a nice car well maintained with 280,000 miles but from the looks of it the engine had been replaced just by it being unbelievably clean ..im hearing a lot about alternative fuels as well ..which im hopeing somone can bring me up to speed on .. i thought about trying the veggie oil etc .. but i dont want to mess up my car be cause its drives and looks good to be and 87 ....i do have one problem though it has a fuel leak at the injector pump barrles .. i bought the seal and oring kit from mercedes but i found out that there is a special wrench to remore the barrels from the injector pump some type of splined socket that knowone seems to have ..all help greatly appreciated ..1 last question since ive purchased this car i can seem to get the central door locks to work ive re routed and checked vacuum lines under the hood since then the trans shifts alot betterbut the lock still dont work when u push the drivers lock down the rest still remain unlocked .. somone please tell me where do i start locking forn the door lock vacumm controls also lol..
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 7/24/2007 10:27 AM
cootofrito

Re: guys i could really use some expert advise ...

Your door locks work off of a separate pump in the trunk inside the spare tire affectionately called a "football". Check and make sure the pump is working..check fuses first, spray "Wurth Contactol" on them or a product called "Corrosion Block" all over the fuses and then twist them around back and forth, if there are any that are aluminun change them to brass. Many problems are cured in a M-B by a clean fuse box. As for engine performance if the timing chain has not been replaced, replace it and get everything back in time, clean line to overboost switch on intake as well as the line with Brakeleen..(engine off) remove tank strainer and clean as well and then replace both filters, fill new spin on filter with Redline Diesel Purge and take it out and run it like you just robbed a bank and you should be fine as long as you have good compression.

Good Luck,
Steve
#83468 - in reply to #83392
Author
Posted 7/27/2007 4:31 AM
redmansioner

It seems like its on the air filter.thanks for the details.
#83792 - in reply to #83392
Author
Posted 7/27/2007 4:38 AM
skyline7

A good idea to replace the air filter worn air filters decreases the cars good performance.Better a new one like air filter canada and it will be fine.
#83793 - in reply to #83792
Author
Posted 7/30/2007 8:46 AM
ForcedInduction
Regular

Date registered: Sep 2006
Vehicle(s): 1980 240D 3.0VNT
RE: guys i could really use some expert advise ...

Get rid of the K&N. The stock air filter can flow much more air than your engine can use and the K&N lets alot of dirt past the filter. Biggest waste of money you can throw at an engine.
#84024 - in reply to #83392
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1