Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : Airbag off + SRS light lit up

Page 1 of 1 1
Airbag off + SRS light lit up
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 8/9/2007 12:32 AM
Mklasse

Date registered: Dec 1899
Airbag off + SRS light lit up

Two days ago when i was on the way to the gym, the Airbag Off and SRS light suddenly lit up.. but after a while they went out. 

I parked the car, and when I started it up again later, the Airbag Off and SRS light lit up again and went out after driving it 15 mins or so..

Yesterday, the Airbag Off and SRS light never lit up again

Should I get it checked? or was it just a glitch on the SRS system?

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 8/9/2007 12:27 PM
tclynes

Re: Airbag off + SRS light lit up

if you have steering wheel controls are they still working?

#85253 - in reply to #85229
Author
Posted 8/10/2007 12:23 AM
Mklasse

Nope, I don't have steering wheel controls..
#85361 - in reply to #85229
Author
Posted 8/12/2007 4:15 PM
Mklasse

Airbag off and SRS off lights up intermittently again today
I guess I should have it checked

Any ideas of what the problem could be before I took the car in?
#85537 - in reply to #85229
Author
Posted 8/16/2007 4:44 PM
sladelittle

RE: Airbag off + SRS light lit up

Just had this happen to my '01 ML430. Any suggestions before I take it in? Also, the left rear door lock actuator won't lock the door, instead it tries three times then pauses then tries three times again then gives up (until i achieve 10mph then it goes through that whole thing again). Any suggestions???
#85969 - in reply to #85229
Author
Posted 8/17/2007 2:55 PM
Alph@Dog

Hi I am no expert but I have read in other posts that the Airbag off and SRS light could indicat a faulty childseat sensor in the front passanger seat! Try to press the front of the seat and see if it goes away!
#86047 - in reply to #85537
Author
Posted 8/17/2007 2:57 PM
Alph@Dog

There is posts on how to change the acutators, search throug the WIS section.
#86048 - in reply to #86047
Author
Posted 8/17/2007 9:25 PM
sladelittle

If only it was that easy to fix the other things that have gone wrong. I just moved the seat all the way forward and laying on the floor behind the seat, I stuck my hand between the switch and the seat foam (just to satisfy my curiosity), disconnected then re-connected switch. I checked the indicator lights and they were gone. Any guesses as to why this happens? If the seat switch is held down too long does the system see that as a fault? Like 24 straight hours?!? Is the switch weight sensitive or does it only respond to the "Smart" baby seats? Still learning all the intricasies (sp) of the ML.
#86075 - in reply to #86048
Author
Posted 8/29/2007 12:42 AM
Mklasse

I have searched other MB forums and read something about babysmart sensors failing too. I guess my babysmart sensor needs to be replaced, the lights are now only came up after someone sitting on the front passenger seat.
I've also read that in order to replace the sensors, they have to tear the leather apart and reupholstered it back once its replaced? I haven't got the chance to brought it in to the dealer

Is there a "shortcut" to this so the sensor always senses the front passenger seat is occupied all the time? I don't feel like tearing apart my seat, not only it would be time consuming for them to tore apart the leather and reupholstered it back, I'm more worried that they would mess it up.
Another reason, I don't have a baby, and If I'm involved in an accident that deploys airbags, i would prefer the passenger airbag deployed without anyone sitting on that side rather than to have it failed to deploy with someone sitting on that side.
#87269 - in reply to #85229
Author
Posted 9/22/2007 8:10 PM
LtnML

i have the same problem...I have an 01...currently the SRS and airbag light are on...At first it started intermittently...would go days or weeks without seeing it light up...now it's on...when the car is on!
#89671 - in reply to #85229
Author
Posted 8/1/2010 1:44 AM
jedl
New user

Date registered: Jul 2010
Vehicle(s): 270 CDI LF

RE: Airbag off + SRS light lit up

Hi

I am from South Africa and have the same problem with the "Airbag off + SRS light lit up". Did any of you found any solutions.
#175390 - in reply to #85229
Author
Posted 6/8/2013 3:13 AM
davidb98
New user

Date registered: Oct 2007

When I bought my 2004 ML270 CDI the air bag off and SRS lights cam on while the dealer was demoing the car so he kept the car and when I picked it up advised that the passenger seat sensor had been replaced

I queried why it needed a sensor and he told me that in Australia the road regulations require that airbags if fitted must always be active

in other countries, including Europe there is the requirements to protect babies by not deploying airbags if there is only a light weight or no person in the passenger seat

so in Australia the bloody sensor should be ignored bit it seems MB enh=gineers are not smart enough to arrange this......

now its happened again................ ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
#214597 - in reply to #85229
Author
Posted 6/10/2015 6:06 PM
Vvrjrlaw
New user

Date registered: Jun 2015
Vehicle(s): 06 cls55 02 ml55 94 S420 rip 89 Mas228 84 911 Por

If you're going to own an ML or any late model mercedes, unless you have boatloads of money to spend I'd urge the acquisition of a good quality scanner and a subscription to Alldata and or EPC/WIS.
#228553 - in reply to #85229
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1