Page 1 of 1 1
1 malfunction
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 9/15/2007 5:40 PM
03SL500

Date registered: Dec 1899
1 malfunction

I recently bought my 03 SL500 and it consistantly shows "1 malfunction" in the dash display. When I purchased the car I was told this was because of either the teleaide or phone being disabled. Does this sound ligit? Can Mercedes flash the computer or do something to make this go away?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 9/15/2007 6:47 PM
Marsden
Classic MB

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): Mercedes-Benz
RE: 1 malfunction

Use the menu selection button on the left side of your steering wheel, and the display will tell you what malfunction it is. 

It might just be the tire-pressure monitoring system, which is a common fault.  

#88961 - in reply to #88951
Author
Posted 10/4/2007 6:40 AM
03SL500

Date registered: Dec 1899
RE: 1 malfunction

Thanks for the replys, a MB tech on another forum informed me of a recent change in MB policy in the last couple of weeks. Prior to that MB would not make a change in coding to make the message go away saying it was a safety issue.

The vehicle now reads: "no malfunctions in memory"

I visited the MB dealer where I had purchased the car, at first he said MB would not allow them to change the coding. I told the service writer I had read on the internet MB had changed that policy in the last couple of weeks. He had no knowledge of it but did take the effort to verify with MB. After a charge of $62. I was on my merry way. And I do mean merry, it's a pleasure to have such a beautiful car that tells me "no malfunctions".
#90945 - in reply to #88951
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1