Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Technical Forums : Mercedes-Benz Wheels, Tires, Brakes and Suspension : "Check Tyres - Then Reactivate" ????

Page 1 of 1 1
"Check Tyres - Then Reactivate" ????
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 10/28/2007 9:23 AM
corkscrew

Date registered: Dec 1899
"Check Tyres - Then Reactivate" ????

Yesterday I had low pressure in my right rear tire on my 2005 SLK200. This was indicated by a red warning that said something about not enough air.

Anyway, I topped up the tire and went on my way. The next time I started the car a message popped up saying "Check Tyer - Then Reactivate".

I don't know what this "Reactivate" means and how do do it. The tire pressure is fine so how do I "Reactivate"?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I do not have COMAND....but, I have Audio 20.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 10/30/2007 3:56 PM
Marsden
Classic MB

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): Mercedes-Benz
RE: "Check Tyres - Then Reactivate" ????

On mine (COMAND), you can reset the TPMS with the reset button.

However, my dealer has performed actual 'reactivations' when new tires were mounted.  Supposedly that recalibrated the sending units vis-à-vis the control module.

Someone else can probably give more specific and useful advice??

#94211 - in reply to #93958
Author
Posted 9/8/2009 4:22 PM
ivanj

Date registered: Jun 2009
Vehicle(s): 2002 G500, 2005 AMG CL55

corkscrew - 10/28/2007 9:23 AM

Yesterday I had low pressure in my right rear tire on my 2005 SLK200. This was indicated by a red warning that said something about not enough air.

Anyway, I topped up the tire and went on my way. The next time I started the car a message popped up saying "Check Tyer - Then Reactivate".

I don't know what this "Reactivate" means and how do do it. The tire pressure is fine so how do I "Reactivate"?

Thanks in advance.

Check the cold tire pressures with two gauges. (The ones at filling stations are notoriously over-calibrated because they don't want people blowing out their tires especially on bicycles. For example, the filling station will read 40lbs when it is actually 30 or so. :banghead:)

There maybe a difference between the gauges and the TPMS system. I don't know how to fix or adjust the TPMS system.

I use a German one I got from a BMW aftermarket supplier that is very accurate and reads within 5% of the TPMS system.

Check your door or filler cap for recommended pressures for your kind of driving or read your Owner's manual..
#156826 - in reply to #93958
Author
Posted 9/8/2009 4:25 PM
ivanj

Date registered: Jun 2009
Vehicle(s): 2002 G500, 2005 AMG CL55

corkscrew - 10/28/2007 9:23 AM

Thanks in advance.

Check the cold tire pressures with two gauges. (The ones at filling stations are notoriously over-calibrated because they don't want people blowing out their tires especially on bicycles. For example, the filling station will read 40lbs when it is actually 30 or so. :banghead:)

There maybe a difference between the gauges and the TPMS system. I don't know how to fix or adjust the TPMS system.

I use a German one I got from a BMW aftermarket supplier that is very accurate and reads within 5% of the TPMS system.

Check your door or filler cap for recommended pressures for your kind of driving and read your Owner's manual for advice on how to reset the tire pressure monitor. You will have to drive several miles before it resets, I reckon.
#156827 - in reply to #93958
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1