Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Sedan Forums : W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class : My Euro Spec 500 SEL issues!

Page 1 of 1 1
My Euro Spec 500 SEL issues!
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 11/4/2007 10:16 AM
pkepneriv

Date registered: Dec 1899
My Euro Spec 500 SEL issues!

Hey Everyone hows it going! I just wanted to say hi. First off I would have to admit that yes the Mercedes I have are built much better than the other cars I have. I thought the Jaguar is nice. It is but no where near the craftsmanship of Mercedes. Anyway since I am posting this to the W126 area I am asking for some advice on my 500 SEL. Between my friend and I we have quite a large supply of good used parts that we use on the cars. My car had an extreamly rough idle and was blowing out black smoke. OK I know black smoke means it is running rich. First thing I did since I didn't know if it has ever been done was pull all my fuel injectors and soak them in parts cleaner for a couple of days. After I took them out I cleaned them up with carb cleaner. Man what a difference all the black and crud came off. I ordered all new air tubes, injector seals and cups for the injectors. I made sure there wasn't any vacuum leaks. Put the cleaned and tested injectors and seals back on the engine. It did run better on the road and highway but nothing on the idle. I replaced the air speed/ Idle solinoid and the idle modulator still nothing. Ok I got down to worst case and went ahead and changed my fuel distributor. Bingo! My idle is perfect now. It runs very well on the highway now! Ok here is my delima. Before when it was putting out black smoke off the line is was very very quick. Now it is a bit on the sluggish side nowhere like it was before. Another thing is now when I shift from drive to reverse it revs to 1500 rpm between shifts and hits hard. I have to take it out of gear wait a few seconds for the rpms to drop and then go into the next gear. I upgraded my air cleaner from the 500 SEL factory one to the 560 SEL one that has dual air intake snorkels. My idle problems were going on way before I changed my air cleaner. Any help or advice on this would be great!

Take care,
Paul

Edited by pkepneriv 11/4/2007 10:19 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 11/6/2007 2:59 PM
nomad

Date registered: Dec 1899
RE: My Euro Spec 500 SEL issues!

Hi Paul, welcome
For technical support you should try http://www.mercedesshop.com/shopforum/index.php
They have a large userbase of tech experts and various articles which might cover what you need to know

This place is pretty quiet at times, sadly
#95166 - in reply to #94890
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1