|Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )|
|Topic Tools||Message Format|
G-Class DIY Host
Date registered: May 2006
Location: South Texas
Vehicle(s): '04 G55, '80 280GE, '99 S420, '98 E320, 2011 E350
|Photo DIY- Front Brake & Rotor Overhaul|
Although the Pad thickness, and Rotors were WELL within Specification.... there was still a HORRIBLE Screeching noise with Braking.... Yes, I have Cleaned all of the Sliding Surfaces, Re-Lubed the Pads,... All with NO improvement.
This is not the first time I have seen this with Mercedes brakes.
Sooooo, the Main purpose of my Repair-Visit to my Mom's was to Deal with the Braking system.
As always... you must have the utmost care when working on a Raised vehicle... if you don't know what this means... then you shouldn't be doing this kind of work.
Since I was working in "Primative" Conditions (by my Spoiled Princess Standards...) the lighting is poor, and my photos not to my liking, thus.... but you can still get a fair jist of the Procedure.
I opted to go with the ATE System of Rotors and Pads.
As a Note: I spoke with one of the ATE Technical folks regarding "Break-In" Procedure.... they gave the same Speil as if it were a New Car: "Easy Braking for the first 200 miles"... This is the route I took....
This is contrary to alot of folks out there who still go with the "Bedding-In" Procedure, which is quite the rough work-out for brakes.
1.jpg (75KB - 0 downloads)
2.jpg (107KB - 0 downloads)
3.jpg (93KB - 0 downloads)
4.jpg (113KB - 0 downloads)
5.jpg (105KB - 0 downloads)
6.jpg (97KB - 0 downloads)
7.jpg (116KB - 0 downloads)
8.jpg (64KB - 0 downloads)
9.jpg (112KB - 0 downloads)
10.jpg (112KB - 0 downloads)
11.jpg (102KB - 0 downloads)
12.jpg (109KB - 0 downloads)
13.jpg (108KB - 0 downloads)
14.JPG (50KB - 0 downloads)
15.JPG (63KB - 0 downloads)
16.jpg (109KB - 0 downloads)
|« View previous thread :: View next thread »|