Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Roadster Forums : R171 SLK Class : Right side vs left side ground clearance

Page 1 of 1 1
Right side vs left side ground clearance
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/9/2006 6:30 AM
fgwinn

Date registered: Dec 1899
Right side vs left side ground clearance

One thing I noticed on my car (both before and after the sport to standard suspension conversion) is that the driver side ground clearance at the front bumper corner and the distance from the ground to the top of the wheel arch is about 4 or 5mm higher on the driver's side of the car. I think this latter measurement is about 660mm (I forget the exact distance). Could it be that MB has this calculated to accommodate an average weight of a driver? Or could this be some normal manufacturing tolerance? I have not compared the side-to-side heighth. Mostly because my wife thinks I am already crazy and I knew if I asked her to help she would not want to be bothered with such trivia.

The meaurements at the rear wheel arches are the same on both sides and virtually identical to the right front heighth (w/standard suspension).

Edited by fgwinn 5/9/2006 6:32 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 5/15/2006 8:50 PM
CMiYC

RE: Right side vs left side ground clearance

I have visually noticed a similar stance on my car. I have not measured the clearance yet, but I can see the driver's side is resting higher.
#12739 - in reply to #11148
Author
Posted 5/17/2006 4:24 PM
Ynot

Re: Right side vs left side ground clearance

Interesing, I haven't noticed, now that you've mentioned it I might checked it out..
#13480 - in reply to #11148
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1