Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Roadster Forums : R171 SLK Class : AMG Leather Seat Problem - Blue Jean Stain

Page 1 of 1 1
AMG Leather Seat Problem - Blue Jean Stain
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/13/2006 5:03 PM
Silver_Lana

Date registered: Dec 1899
AMG Leather Seat Problem - Blue Jean Stain

Can anyone tell me how to get a blue jean stain off my ash two tone leather?
I noticed that it has developed this light blue patch over the last few months - I remember someone has experienced this issue before.

Any ideas?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 5/13/2006 8:09 PM
Zut

RE: AMG Leather Seat Problem - Blue Jean Stain

Silver_Lana - 5/13/2006 5:03 PM

Can anyone tell me how to get a blue jean stain off my ash two tone leather?
I noticed that it has developed this light blue patch over the last few months - I remember someone has experienced this issue before.

Any ideas? :)

I wore black jeans a few times last year and they left a stain on my beige leather (the driver side only, the passenger side being virtually unused). It was not a defined dark stain, more like a greyish shadow. I read somewhere that the best way to clean leather was to use a damp cloth and a little dab of soap. I was about to try it but ultimately, it proved unnecessary. It may sound silly but the stain went away all by itself. I suppose my other pants removed the stain with time by mere attrition. Now, I cannot see any difference between the driver and passenger seats!
#11944 - in reply to #11889
Author
Posted 5/13/2006 11:24 PM
Beleriand

I had a similar problem with my biege seats from wearing brown and black leather belts that rubbed against the leather. I had a dark spot that made it look like the seat was very soiled. I cleaned it with Zaino Leather-In-A-Bottle cleaner and it all came out. The seat looks perfect and brand new. The best part is that the Zaino left the leather extremely slick - almost like a teflon coating. Now, my clothes - including my belts - slide easily over the leather and no longer leave any trace. It also smells great. Try the Zaino, it will solve your problem.

Good luck.
#11985 - in reply to #11889
Author
Posted 5/14/2006 12:48 AM
etyu

You've got me sold on Zaino, Beleriand. I gave away all my other stuff to a friend who bought a 2006 BMW 325i. I've "zaino" the car with 5 coats so far. Three (Z5, Z2 pro and Z2 pro) in the first session (not counting the Z6 in between), and two Z2 pro in the second session. The leather-in-a bottle works great, better than the MB leather care (that can leave a small chalky residue if you don't buff immediately).

I have an old soft artificial lambskin seat cushion that I put on the driver's seat, so I don't have to worry about belt marks or stains. It also works as a lumbar support.

(artificial lambskin.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments artificial lambskin.jpg (143KB - 1 downloads)
#11999 - in reply to #11985
Author
Posted 5/14/2006 10:03 AM
Zut

etyu - 5/14/2006 12:48 AM

I have an old soft artificial lambskin seat cushion that I put on the driver's seat, so I don't have to worry about belt marks or stains. It also works as a lumbar support.

Where did you buy this cushion? It looks like a nearly perfect fit. This is exactly what I am looking for. Isn't it a little warm in the summer though? Since it is artificial, I should worry about excessive heat retention.
#12053 - in reply to #11999
Author
Posted 5/15/2006 12:54 PM
etyu

It was an old one that I bought at a local Pep Boys or was it WalMart? You can get something very similar from autosportscatalog.com for around $35 USD and it looks like it is a better construction. I might get one from this same place in case my current one decides to split at the seams (the present one is more than 3 years old).

I like it as it is soft and I use it year round in Southern California and do not feel any excessive heat at all.
#12523 - in reply to #12053
Author
Posted 5/15/2006 5:36 PM
Zut

etyu - 5/15/2006 12:54 PM

It was an old one that I bought at a local Pep Boys or was it WalMart? You can get something very similar from autosportscatalog.com for around $35 USD and it looks like it is a better construction. I might get one from this same place in case my current one decides to split at the seams (the present one is more than 3 years old).

I like it as it is soft and I use it year round in Southern California and do not feel any excessive heat at all.

Cool! I'll try Wal-Mart and maybe Canadian Tyre. I bought a lumbar cushion two weeks ago. It is works splendidly for my back but my knees touch the dashboard when I use it (and I am only 1m77).
#12658 - in reply to #12523
Author
Posted 5/17/2006 4:45 AM
alroumi

Re: AMG Leather Seat Problem - Blue Jean Stain

Thank god; I got the black and red leather
#13336 - in reply to #11889
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1