Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Roadster Forums : R171 SLK Class : Total Eclipse of the Boxster?

Page 1 of 1 1
Total Eclipse of the Boxster?
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/15/2006 9:56 AM
Dinoman

Date registered: Dec 1899
Total Eclipse of the Boxster?

My friend came over with his 10-megapixel Nikon on Saturday to take some shots of the five cars for me to post here. He is going to make me a CD which, with any luck, will allow me to finally post some pictures. When it came time to pose the Boxster alone with the SLK (he first shot it behind and between the SL and the SLK), I pulled it up on the left of the SLK. It just so happened that the SLK was in bright sunlight, and the Boxster was in the shade of a juniper tree (late p.m.). in my side yard. It almost seemed as if the Boxster knew that its days of primacy as a compact roadster in my household were behind it! Dinoman
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 5/17/2006 4:26 PM
Ynot

Re: Total Eclipse of the Boxster?

Awesome, now where's the pics?
#13482 - in reply to #12465
Author
Posted 5/18/2006 8:45 AM
Dinoman

Ynot, I'm waiting for my friend (a professional photog.) to get them to me. I suspect that he may also have to assist me in posting them. If you have any other questions (or are becoming skeptical due to my lag in posting pics), send me a PM. Dinoman
#13705 - in reply to #13482
Author
Posted 5/18/2006 12:16 PM
Ynot

Dinoman - 5/18/2006 6:45 AMYnot, I'm waiting for my friend (a professional photog.) to get them to me. I suspect that he may also have to assist me in posting them. If you have any other questions (or are becoming skeptical due to my lag in posting pics), send me a PM. Dinoman

No, not skeptical at all, that was not my intentions, I just can't get enough of looking at SLK's in general, it's just a beauty. I occasionally visit this site for my SLK pics fix. http://s88237893.onlinehome.us/cpg/index.php
#13744 - in reply to #13705
Author
Posted 5/18/2006 1:48 PM
Dinoman

Ynot, Thanks for the link. I, too, enjoy looking at SLKs whenever possible. In fact, even though mine is available 24/7, I'm a bit annoyed that I haven't yet seen the black '05 SLK 55 AMG that cruised around my area last summer. Dinoman
#13771 - in reply to #13744
Author
Posted 5/18/2006 1:58 PM
etyu

Thanks for the link too. Nice pictures.
#13774 - in reply to #12465
Author
Posted 5/19/2006 10:15 AM
Ynot

Check it out periodically guys as Webbie (mbcanada.com) updates it with pics occassionally.
#14099 - in reply to #12465
Author
Posted 5/19/2006 10:40 AM
Dinoman

Ynot, That's a huge number of pics! The more I see the Orion Blue, the more I like it. I considered it when I ordered my SL, but it was I believe $1,150.00 additional. It was considered one of their "special combinations" (as, for example, any color with Berry Red interior was a special combination). The biggest shocker is the amount of money demanded by MB for one of the Designo editions. I believe that the SLK Designo package may be even more expensive than the SL package. Porsche has something similar. In addition to their paint-from-sample option, where they will match anything for a price, they have "special" colors, over and above the optional metallic paint charges. When Speed Yellow (now a standard color) was introduced, it was a $3,000.00 option! Now that's special! Thanks again for the great picture link. Dinoman
#14102 - in reply to #14099
Author
Posted 5/19/2006 1:22 PM
Dinoman

Ynot, Thanks for the PM. I sent you a responsive PM a few minutes ago. Dinoman
#14133 - in reply to #14099
Author
Posted 5/19/2006 2:14 PM
Ynot

Dinoman - 5/19/2006 8:40 AM Ynot, That's a huge number of pics! The more I see the Orion Blue, the more I like it. I considered it when I ordered my SL, but it was I believe $1,150.00 additional. It was considered one of their "special combinations" (as, for example, any color with Berry Red interior was a special combination). The biggest shocker is the amount of money demanded by MB for one of the Designo editions. I believe that the SLK Designo package may be even more expensive than the SL package. Porsche has something similar. In addition to their paint-from-sample option, where they will match anything for a price, they have "special" colors, over and above the optional metallic paint charges. When Speed Yellow (now a standard color) was introduced, it was a $3,000.00 option! Now that's special! Thanks again for the great picture link. Dinoman

Yeah, when I ordered my BMW M3, it was boston green with biege interior (luxury edition), when I last checked, there were only four in the whole world with that combo, many compliments and questions about the interior, many bimmer owners thought it was custom aftermarket interior. I brought Iridium b/c it was easy to keep clean and MB goes with silver like bread and butter. Now, I kind of regret it as Iridium is pretty standard, although I've seen a few Iridium/Black SLK's, none has the AMG kit, so I'm somewhat exclusive. But the more I look at Orion blue the more I want to trade it in for that color. $1150 isn't too much to be a little different, I usually like to stay away from the norm but still with style of course. Hot pink and red combo is rare too, you get the point.

PM recieved and replied.

#14150 - in reply to #14102
Author
Posted 5/19/2006 2:49 PM
Dinoman

Ynot, When I ordered my last MB sedan ('98 E 320, fall of '97), I wanted Brilliant Silver with a saddle interior. The president of the dealership told me that the factory wouldn't build it (it wasn't a standard catalog combo), since they didn't thing it would look right. I pressed the issue, and they did what the dealer called a "special request.'' I got it, and enjoyed it until I got the SL. In fact, I would have been happy to have the same interior color on the SL, had it been available. My dealer is about 75 miles away, but I have bought four cars there because of their willingness to accommodate me, and the fact that they are strictly MB. They do a good volume business, which gives them credibiltiy with the factory. Usually, I deal with the sales manager, whoever it might be at the time. That doesn't hurt, and I think that you sometimes get a little better treatment by the dealer staff when you're dealing with the boss. Everything in life is political, to some extent. Dinoman
#14158 - in reply to #14150
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1