SLK Cover images
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/17/2006 2:14 PM
Easty

Date registered: Dec 1899
SLK Cover images

Not sure I've seen these images.

I've just wraped mine up for a short while.. doesn't the beast look cute in it's cozy blanket.

slk cover 1

slk cover 2

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 5/17/2006 3:43 PM
etyu

Re: SLK Cover images

I think it should be transparent and 100% optically clear to show off the SLK 55 AMG underneath.
#13456 - in reply to #13425
Author
Posted 5/18/2006 3:05 AM
corkscrew

RE: SLK Cover images

Covered in BKK.
#13669 - in reply to #13425
Author
Posted 5/18/2006 10:23 AM
Shinigami

With the cover on like that, you can go inside the car and doze off, and no one will know.

Neither will they know if your second half comes in for a little... fun
#13730 - in reply to #13425
Author
Posted 5/18/2006 12:05 PM
Ynot

Shinigami - 5/18/2006 8:23 AM Neither will they know if your second half comes in for a little... fun ;)

lol, until the car starts moving.

#13740 - in reply to #13730
Author
Posted 5/18/2006 7:31 PM
Zut

Nice cover! I was contemplating buying one. I take it you have to remove the antenna before you put the cover on. Too bad they didn't provide a little hole for the antenna to pass through.
#13871 - in reply to #13425
Author
Posted 5/19/2006 8:35 AM
Dinoman

Zut, I have the cover for mine (since it is parked outside at night). It goes over the SL antenna nicely. I noticed the other night that there is a triangular-shaped individual piece sewed into the cover right where the antenna is located. Perhaps it can be customized to make a "bump" for the antenna. The MB cover on my SL actually has a little pocket (much like those for the side mirrors). I call it the "SL condom," since it looks a bit obscene with the cover on the car! Dinoman
#14072 - in reply to #13871
Author
Posted 5/19/2006 10:37 AM
Zut

Dinoman - 5/19/2006 8:35 AM

Zut, I have the cover for mine (since it is parked outside at night). It goes over the SL antenna nicely. I noticed the other night that there is a triangular-shaped individual piece sewed into the cover right where the antenna is located. Perhaps it can be customized to make a "bump" for the antenna. The MB cover on my SL actually has a little pocket (much like those for the side mirrors). I call it the "SL condom," since it looks a bit obscene with the cover on the car! Dinoman

Those of us who have the standard antenna must remove it before puting the cover on I suppose. My underground garage is very dusty and I would like to have a cover I could put on everyday without having to unscrew the antenna. Unfortunately, I cannot have the SL antenna installed. I often travel in fringe areas and since the SL antenna can reduce the reception, it would make my radio virtually useless.
#14101 - in reply to #14072
Author
Posted 5/19/2006 10:47 AM
Dinoman

Zut, Although I like the appearance of the SL antenna, but for the fact that my car is always outside overnight, I probably would not have purchased it. It would be a real pain to have to remove the antenna every evening, only to reinstall it in the morning. Taking the cover off each morning is about all that I am up to at this point in my life!!! Dinoman
#14104 - in reply to #14101
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1