Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Roadster Forums : R171 SLK Class : Receive e-mail notifications by default?

Page 1 of 1 1
Receive e-mail notifications by default?
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/21/2006 9:25 AM
Zut

Date registered: Dec 1899
Receive e-mail notifications by default?

About one week after I came here for the first time, the "Receive e-mail notifications by default" function stopped working (and I put "Yes" next to this option in my profile). I have to check here to see whether new posts have been added to the threads I subscribed to. Am I the only one here with this problem?

Edited by Zut 5/21/2006 9:45 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 5/21/2006 10:15 AM
etyu

RE: Receive e-mail notifications by default?

I experience the same thing. It seems like the email notifications have stoppped. I tried checking the box at the end of the page that says toggle email notification, but have not received any emails for the last 3-4 days.

Edited by etyu 5/21/2006 10:15 AM
#14682 - in reply to #14672
Author
Posted 5/21/2006 10:28 AM
Zut

etyu - 5/21/2006 10:15 AM

I experience the same thing. It seems like the email notifications have stoppped. I tried checking the box at the end of the page that says toggle email notification, but have not received any emails for the last 3-4 days.

Strangely enough, I was just notified of your post... It seems this feature only works with threads you start.
#14685 - in reply to #14682
Author
Posted 5/22/2006 8:39 AM
Dinoman

Zut, I believe that you got it right. Funny thing, though, right after I joined P3, I was getting so many e-mail notifications (many times, after I had already seen the responses in question), that I was grateful that it finally stopped. Initially, I checked the box to opt out of the notifications, but it took awhile to kick in. I don't really see the need for the notice, since I monitor the site periodically during the day. Dinoman
#15011 - in reply to #14685
Author
Posted 5/22/2006 9:58 AM
Zut

Dinoman - 5/22/2006 8:39 AM

I don't really see the need for the notice, since I monitor the site periodically during the day. Dinoman

I used to check the forum on a regular basis too. Not anymore. Maybe I'll use my car more instead of talking about it! It has been a month now since the BenzWorld incident and with all the technical problems in both forums, I kind of lost interest. Too bad... I am not saying that I shall never come here or there anymore, I'll just visit less often.
#15016 - in reply to #15011
Author
Posted 5/22/2006 10:34 AM
Dinoman

Zut, Alas, it seems that the synergy is gone. As you said, nothing lasts forever. Dinoman
#15017 - in reply to #15016
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1