Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Welcome to PointedThree : Welcome New Member! : 1st Post Finally my search is over

Page 1 of 1 1
1st Post Finally my search is over
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 10/27/2013 5:04 AM
Ericdy

Date registered: Jan 2013
Vehicle(s): 1992 300GE LWB

1st Post Finally my search is over

Hello! My name is Eric Dy and after searching for more than a year I've found and purchased my first G wagen, 1992 LWB 300GE. I live in Christchurch, New Zealand. Overall it's in pretty good condition,but being 21yrs old has a reasonable list of parts that need refreshing. I picked the truck up last weekend from Auckland and made the 16hr journey, including 4hr ferry across Cook Strait, in 2 days. I was amazed at how well it travelled, despite its size it was remarkably low effort and pleasant, even compared to modern cars. It has had a new muffler, and coolant change and today I took it out to the tracks for the first time to get acquainted with the off road functioning. I have to admit, I am a complete newb to off roading(apart from ski field access roads in my subaru) so I was being very cautious. I tried locking the diffs and drove up some deep rutted out tracks and was very impressed at the difference locking the differentials makes to traction. I can't wait to get together with people who know what they are doing to learn how to make the most of this trucks capabilities.
Here is a photo:

(Worselystrack.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Worselystrack.jpg (66KB - 1 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1