Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : Blower setting 1 intermittent- switch issue?

Page 1 of 1 1
Blower setting 1 intermittent- switch issue?
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 11/21/2017 8:16 PM
paulunm
Veteran

Date registered: Jan 2015
Vehicle(s): 2000 G500
Blower setting 1 intermittent- switch issue?

My low setting works intermittently, if I skip to position 2, immediately works, and back to position 1- position 1 will then work immediately. So all settings work fine except position 1.

I assume this is a switch issue, wanted to check if anyone has other thoughts.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 11/22/2017 3:41 AM
FrogWagen

Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle(s): G300TD LWB

Re: Blower setting 1 intermittent- switch issue?

Hi - I'm no expert on these but I have a 2000 300TD with a rotary blower switch. My position 2 exhibits the same fault you have (i.e. only works if I turn to position 3 then back to 2). I looked into it a while ago and I think you'll find plenty of posts on this problem if you do some surfing. From what I recall this is a 'known problem' with the design of these switches and the only option is replacement. Again from memory the MB new part was pretty expensive, so I decided to live with it.

You may find an 'aftermarket' part or possibly the same (identical) part from another manufacture (for example some VW headlights are the same as the G-Wagen and at a fraction of the price). Good luck, I'm sure others will confirm or deny my post.
#237721 - in reply to #237704
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1