Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Roadster Forums : R171 SLK Class : I think we DID lose posts. Where's my Wendy's one?

Page 2 of 2 12
I think we DID lose posts. Where's my Wendy's one?
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/12/2006 7:10 AM
Zut

Date registered: Dec 1899
RE: I think we DID lose posts. Where's my Wendy's one?

Ripple - 5/12/2006 1:53 AM

I'm actually coming over to watch the race. The CLK63 is the current safety car used during the race if required. Montreal is a great place to watch the F1 and the good citizens of Montreal make such a weekend out of it. I've been over for the last couple of years racing, and the manner in which they embrace the F1 is amazing, streets closed, car displays and events, Rock concerts in the city centre, its a great place and you should be proud of the show they put on.
You should make an effort to get to the race, if you haven;t been before the noise will blow you away, literally !!

Thanks for the nice comments about Montréal!

Believe me, I am aware of the noise. I live in a 32th-floor apartment directly facing the Notre-Dame Island where the race is held!!! I also lived in Trois-Rivières for 22 years. There, the race is held in the streets downtown . The rumble is absolutely unbearable! However, I like the atmosphere in the streets of Montréal during the Grand Prix. Everyone who owns a sportscar of any kind cruises around. You can see rare expensive vehicles everywhere. So many great automobiles, you don't know which way to turn!
#11477 - in reply to #11443
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 5/12/2006 3:52 PM
Ripple

Don't suppose it has a view of the track

I'll look out for you crusing the streets, if you see some drunken brits.........join us !
#11582 - in reply to #9530
Author
Posted 5/12/2006 4:34 PM
Zut

Ripple - 5/12/2006 3:52 PM

Don't suppose it has a view of the track

I'll look out for you crusing the streets, if you see some drunken brits.........join us ! :raiseeyebrows:

Unfortunately, no view of the track!

Drunken Brits, you say? Not too common around here. I'll probably notice you!
#11599 - in reply to #11582
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 2 of 2 12