![]() | Welcome Guest. ( logon | register ) | |||||
| ||||||
|
|
| Topic Tools ![]() | Message Format ![]() |
| Author |
| ||
| G-AMG G-Class DIY Host Date registered: May 2006 Location: South Texas Vehicle(s): '04 G55, '80 280GE, '99 S420, '98 E320, 2011 E350 ![]() | Photo DIY: Center Vent/Sunglasses Compartment/Lock R/R. While doing a "Evaporator/Airconditioning Duct" Cleaning with ContraCept Anti-Fungal/Cleaner.... I was looking with a Flashlight to find the holes to snake the tubing down to the Evaporator.... "What the Flum???" There were Two Coins sitting inside the Center Air Vent. I tried some "Enhanced Interrogation" Techniques with my boys, trying to get a Childhood confession of "Yes Dad... we were playing 'Slot Machine'.." but I could get no Polygraph proof they did it. It had to be them, though.... I can't see any Physical way to jam the coins in there, and get around the Vertical and Horizontal Vent Flaps. Impossible!! After trying to Fish the coins out, it was apparent there was NO WAY I could get them out. Well, this would explain the Rattling/Ticking noise in that area, when driving on our poor, rough roads. Between this, and my fear of the stupid things, somehow, falling down into the air box, I opted to surgically Remove the buggers. Here is the Procedure for R/R the Glove compartment Lock/Opening panel, the Sunglasses Holder Compartment, and the Center Vent. (1.jpg) (2.jpg) (3.jpg) (4.jpg) (5.jpg) (6.jpg) (7.jpg) (8.jpg) (9.jpg) (10.jpg) (11.jpg) (12.jpg) (13.jpg) (14.jpg) (15.jpg) (16.jpg) Attachments ---------------- 1.jpg (105KB - 339 downloads) 2.jpg (82KB - 305 downloads) 3.jpg (73KB - 301 downloads) 4.jpg (134KB - 313 downloads) 5.jpg (70KB - 356 downloads) 6.jpg (79KB - 332 downloads) 7.jpg (92KB - 291 downloads) 8.jpg (68KB - 339 downloads) 9.jpg (95KB - 283 downloads) 10.jpg (80KB - 356 downloads) 11.jpg (100KB - 313 downloads) 12.jpg (72KB - 340 downloads) 13.jpg (105KB - 284 downloads) 14.jpg (154KB - 304 downloads) 15.jpg (75KB - 297 downloads) 16.jpg (106KB - 352 downloads) | ||
| #216623 |
| ||
| « View previous thread :: View next thread » |
|
|

