![]() | Welcome Guest. ( logon | register ) | |||||
| ||||||
|
|
| Topic Tools ![]() | Message Format ![]() |
| Author |
| ||
| G-AMG G-Class DIY Host Date registered: May 2006 Location: South Texas Vehicle(s): '04 G55, '80 280GE, '99 S420, '98 E320, 2011 E350 ![]() | Photo DIY- Thermostat R/R Well, it looks like after 164,000 miles, the Thermostat gave up the ghost... Granted, we don't get very much cool weather... so it is hard to say WHEN it died... Diagnosis? During a cool spell (upper 40's), I noticed a very slow "Warm-Up" period... "Hmmmm", says I... "I've driven 4 miles now, it 'should' be above 80C at this point, cool weather or not....." "Double-Hmmmmmm... I've driven 35 miles now... and it is STILL at 74C" OK, Stuck Thermostat... A Big surprise, to me, what a PAIN in the Catukus a simple thermostat is to change... Not exacty the "15 minute Special" which I was expecting. Since I was due for my "2-Year" Coolant change interval, it was a perfect opportunity to kill 2 birds with one stone. If you are not doing an entire coolant change, then you will need to drain the Radiator Stopcock in order to replace the thermostat. For more detailed instructions, please see this post: http://www.pointedthree.com/disc/forums/showthread.php?tid=14475&po... Of course, working on a COOL Radiator system will prevent getting yourself scalded. G (1.jpg) (2.jpg) (3.jpg) (4.jpg) (5.jpg) (6.jpg) (7.jpg) (8.jpg) (9.jpg) (10.jpg) (11.jpg) (12.jpg) (13.jpg) (14.jpg) (15.jpg) (16.jpg) (17.jpg) (18.jpg) (19.jpg) (20.jpg) Attachments ---------------- 1.jpg (235KB - 310 downloads) 2.jpg (194KB - 327 downloads) 3.jpg (190KB - 313 downloads) 4.jpg (208KB - 302 downloads) 5.jpg (199KB - 317 downloads) 6.jpg (192KB - 350 downloads) 7.jpg (324KB - 308 downloads) 8.jpg (309KB - 300 downloads) 9.jpg (246KB - 357 downloads) 10.jpg (252KB - 343 downloads) 11.jpg (181KB - 286 downloads) 12.jpg (200KB - 346 downloads) 13.jpg (291KB - 343 downloads) 14.jpg (224KB - 310 downloads) 15.jpg (223KB - 311 downloads) 16.jpg (236KB - 334 downloads) 17.jpg (210KB - 356 downloads) 18.jpg (188KB - 343 downloads) 19.jpg (244KB - 376 downloads) 20.jpg (225KB - 354 downloads) | ||
| #210597 |
| ||
| « View previous thread :: View next thread » |
|
|

