Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Technical Forums : Mercedes-Benz Wheels, Tires, Brakes and Suspension : STOP! CAR TOO LOW!

Page 1 of 1 1
STOP! CAR TOO LOW!
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 8/19/2009 5:45 AM
louisv

Date registered: Dec 1899
STOP! CAR TOO LOW!

The message: "STOP, CAR TOO LOW!" comes up on my S320 CDi from time to time. Specially after a few days of not using the car and during the first 20 - 30 kilometers and when I hit a bit of a bump in the road. It normally rises again while driving. When the message comes up and I stop the suspensionis is actually right down and the tyres almost touch the body.

MB service dealer could not find the problem. Any advice?

Thanks,

Louis
South Africa
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 9/8/2009 4:13 PM
ivanj

Date registered: Jun 2009
Vehicle(s): 2002 G500, 2005 AMG CL55

RE: STOP! CAR TOO LOW!

louisv - 8/19/2009 5:45 AM

The message: "STOP, CAR TOO LOW!" comes up on my S320 CDi from time to time. Specially after a few days of not using the car and during the first 20 - 30 kilometers and when I hit a bit of a bump in the road. It normally rises again while driving. When the message comes up and I stop the suspensionis is actually right down and the tyres almost touch the body.

MB service dealer could not find the problem. Any advice?

Thanks,

Louis
South Africa

If you have a suspension control hit the button and raise the suspension. My car has three setting - sport, winter conditions, and road obstructions.

Cycle the buttons through all the positions you have and then return it to your normal setting.

The problem should go away.

If it continues to happen make the dealer but the car through the "rodeo test" - this will give them the information they need if it is a real problem with the suspension. This basically makes all the tires go up and down and taxes the suspension on the test bed.

NB- Make sure that the dealer has checked all the Bulletins on the car. They should be free of charge if they haven't been done.
#156825 - in reply to #155758
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1