Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Welcome to PointedThree : Welcome New Member! : Greetings From Northern Ireland

Page 1 of 1 1
Greetings From Northern Ireland
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 8/28/2009 9:17 AM
Roughneck6zero

Date registered: Dec 1899
Greetings From Northern Ireland

hi, All.

Current Car : Chrysler 300C CRD Lux with the Mercedes OM642 Engine mated to a 5 speed auto box, which is Merc's also { I'm Told}

Car bought new in February 09 , has just completed a cross europe trip and has now covered 7K miles. It averaged 39.8 mpg overall, not bad for a car weighing in at just over 2 tons, with an auto box , and trsavelling on the German autobahns at an average of 90mph, fully laden. I am averaging almost 30mpg in a normal week's driving , mainly short runs of less than 3 miles.

I am a member of a Chrysler 300 C Club , based in Scotland , where the guys tell me 45mpg is attainable on the highway , with the cruise on at 80mph.

I know you were offered in the US market the same OM642 Engine option with the Jeep Grand Cherokee , sadly now withdrawn due the bust up between Chrysler and Daimler Benz, who obviously supplied the engines, and the money troubles at Chrysler. Sadly Fiat has bought a 20% share of Chrysler, to get a foothold in the US market.
Fiat is not a popular selling car manufacturer here in Europe, not many to be seen on UK roads and I don't see you guy's in the US putting up with crap build quality,reliability issues and severe rusting.
This 300C will be my last Chrysler for this reason.

Previous car was a 07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland CRD, bought new as well. It had exactly the same OM642 engine.
Unfortunately our Government has decided to tax us even more in the UK and the road tax on the Jeep doubled in 08 and will be going to the dizzy heights of £2100 per year by 2011. This is along with $7.75 at current prices.

I do my own oil service on this OM 642 engine , using a Sealey electric oil extraction pump.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 8/30/2009 3:56 AM
Marsden
Classic MB

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): Mercedes-Benz
RE: Greetings From Northern Ireland

Welcome!  We have a couple other roughnecks here too!

#156245 - in reply to #156151
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1