Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Sedan Forums : W210 E Class : '00 W210 E320CDIA - EPC - Visit workshop

Page 1 of 1 1
'00 W210 E320CDIA - EPC - Visit workshop
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 8/15/2011 3:42 AM
blackslide

Date registered: Aug 2011
Vehicle(s):

'00 W210 E320CDIA - EPC - Visit workshop

After reading a while on this error, but not finding any easy solutions, I thought to ask for advice here.

Drove on the highway yesterday and then had to make a few stopovers in town, this error popped up on the screen after I stardet the car for the second time. The car behaved normally, no limp mode, etc. Checked for vacuum in tank, fuel leaks - saw none, air in fuel pipes - none at ilde.

In the morning started the car, starts good and instantly gives the EPC error. Now the engine was in limp mode since acceleration to 75mph took about as long as a W123 200D Again, no vacuum in tank, no air in system, when at idle. Starts perfectly.

I'll have to clarify that when idling or when parked, the fuel pipes show no air in them, but moving the accelerator or pot into the 40-100% induces a lot of bubbles right after the filter (doubt it's the O-rings), but this doesn't seem to have an effect on the running sound nor the power output. Has been like this at least for 5000km and starts fine, so I'm lost on where and how the air seeps in.

I doubt this error is something new since it pops up instantly after the engine starts.

I can't hear anything pushing through the injector seals. There is a slight pinging noise at certain temperatures when idling, but I haven't been able to locate it. Might just be old oil. Though I've addde a liter since it leaks a bit on the driver side (Will check where it leaks as soon as I get the money to do the B-haulover + tranny and diff flush)

Now I've recently changed the fuel filter (in the engine compartment), crankshaft position sensor (engine stalled twice when warm). Had to change V-belt since a guide pulley bearing gave in and the pulley totally blew to tiny dust, belt was still "ok" and everything worked but swapped the belt, tensioner assembly and the broken guide.. still have to swap the second guide pulley since two guide pulleys was news for me.

I'm guessing it's low pressure in the fuel rail, but then again when the issue started yesterday, it ran normally. Any help would be appreciated. If changing the O-rings fails. Guess I have to take it to someone with * to diagnose further.

Edited by blackslide 8/15/2011 3:42 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 11/13/2011 11:24 AM
Alvarsson

Date registered: Jan 2008
Vehicle(s): Benz E230

RE: '00 W210 E320CDIA - EPC - Visit workshop

Hello Blackslide

Try check out weather the catalytic converters are blocked or not. A friend had a similar situation and did find out that the outlet inside the catalytic converter had been blocked from materia that have become loose inside the converter .
#196711 - in reply to #193552
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1