Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Community forums : General Mercedes-Benz Discussions : Ebay Ripoffs Thread

Page 2 of 2 12
Ebay Ripoffs Thread
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 12/26/2006 11:32 AM
VWBusMan1

Date registered: Dec 1899
Re: Ebay Ripoffs Thread

Ebay turned into a rogues gallery of rip off artists some time ago primarily due to a policy change that protected the identity of past members. Hence, honest current members have almost no recourse over past dishonest member. And, since PayPal is owned by ebay they have a HUGE conflict of interest to support ebay policies no matter how short sighted. Combine that with horrible customer service and you might realize why so many people are now boycotting PayPal even if forced to use ebay because of its market dominence.

All I can do is be very careful AND hope for Google, Yahoo or somebody to come up with competition to ebay whick I will abandon with glee.

Good luck, Mark
#57654 - in reply to #15655
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 12/26/2006 12:45 PM
jdc1244

Date registered: Dec 1899
RE: Ebay Ripoffs Thread

I believe there are enough honest members on eBay to make it an overall positive experience. You are correct it is the Wild, Wild West of the market place and those not prepared should stay out.

I recently had a winning bidder fail to pay for the item I had for sale. Customer service for eBay was rather slow to respond but the response was helpful and they did apologize for the delay. I would not have needed customer service had the process for dealing with dead beats been more clear. But I was able to get credit for the listing fee and FVF, relisted the item, and it sold successfully.

I agree with PayPal being a conflict of interest for eBay, to date, however, I have had no problems with PayPal. But I leave no balances in my PayPal account, transferring immediately to my bank account. I’ve heard stories of PayPal making unilateral decisions with regard to disputes and refunding money from a PayPal account w/o the account holder’s consent.
#57656 - in reply to #15655
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 2 of 2 12