Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Welcome to PointedThree : Welcome New Member! : New MB owner with new to me 03 G55 AMG

Page 1 of 1 1
New MB owner with new to me 03 G55 AMG
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 2/16/2014 9:10 AM
asudds
New user

Date registered: Feb 2014
Vehicle(s): 98 BMW M Roadster, 03 G55 AMG, 11 Saab 93 2.0T

New MB owner with new to me 03 G55 AMG

Have been looking on and off for a while and finally pulled the trigger and got my wife a G55 AMG.

It has 100k miles but is a clean 2 owner truck with full dealer service.

That being said I am an Automotive Engineer that also grew up in a Shop that my dad owned. Needless to say I don't expect to ever be back to the dealer's service department.

I have a few general questions:

1. Parts Sources: can some recommended suppliers be shared?

2. Mercedes STAR, are these available or equivalents that work for DIY use? (Was able to fix/clear outstanding codes/issues after I got the truck home yesterday with a few minor fixes)

3. Recommended Service at 100K that would NOT have been done by the dealer? So far I have CV Axle repacking, Locker and brake flush and fill, steering stabilizer, tranny filter and fill and I plan to switch to synthetics in the axles and transfer case.

4. Current issues: Engine sits crooked side to side (expect engine mount bad) and the truck had a 60mph vibration which could be a combination of tires out of balance, worn stabilizer, collapsed engine mount and old CV axle grease. Anything else common I should look at for a solution for that one?

Used parts needed:
1. Rear Seat Headrests (Black)
2. Grill Guard Lock Tool
3. Spare Tire Key (can these be purchased with a lock key code or VIN at the stealership?)
4. Jack Handle and Tire Iron (all that is in the box is the jack)

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to getting up to speed. The DIY write-ups look great.

Aaron
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1