Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Technical Forums : Mercedes-Benz Audio, Telematics & Lighting : wiring head unit

Page 1 of 1 1
wiring head unit
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 6/4/2006 1:51 PM
TheDon

Date registered: Dec 1899
wiring head unit

im not doing the 2 chan - 4 chan conversion today since i dont have the wires but i want to put the cd player in today, its a sony CDX-GT10W i have the plug for the cd player and the wires off it

here are what the wires go to

White-speaker left posative
White/black stripe left negative -------these two connect to what in the chasis

Gray right speaker posative
Gray/black stripe negative-----these two connect to what in the chasis

Green left rear posative
Green/black stripe left rear negative-----these two connecto to what in the chasis

Purple right rear posative
Pureple/black striple right rear negative---these two connect to what in the chasis

Solid black(appears to be the ground.. where should i fasten this to)

Blue- this is for the antena

then a red and yellow that arent labled

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 6/4/2006 8:03 PM
Nutz
Expert

Date registered: Apr 2006
RE: wiring head unit

TheDon - 6/4/2006 9:51 AM im not doing the 2 chan - 4 chan conversion today since i dont have the wires but i want to put the cd player in today, its a sony CDX-GT10W i have the plug for the cd player and the wires off it here are what the wires go to White-speaker left posative White/black stripe left negative -------these two connect to what in the chasis Gray right speaker posative Gray/black stripe negative-----these two connect to what in the chasis Green left rear posative Green/black stripe left rear negative-----these two connecto to what in the chasis Purple right rear posative Pureple/black striple right rear negative---these two connect to what in the chasis Solid black(appears to be the ground.. where should i fasten this to) Blue- this is for the antena then a red and yellow that arent labled

Red = battery constant

Yellow = memory/ignition switch

^^^^ Or vice-versa,either way no damage will occur if backwards.You will know if they are backwards if you have to reset the settings on your stereo everytime you get in.

Black = ground to metal

Blue with white stripe = remote (for amp or whatever)

If you are dropping this in your W123,ditch the stock speaker wiring and run new 12-14 gauge bypassing the fader switch.

#19235 - in reply to #19163
Author
Posted 6/5/2006 2:16 PM
ttaleric

Date registered: Dec 1899
RE: wiring head unit

Black = ground to metal

non-painted metal 

#19396 - in reply to #19163
« View previous thread :: View next thread »