Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Technical Forums : Mercedes-Benz Audio, Telematics & Lighting : Guys, multiple question......

Page 1 of 1 1
Guys, multiple question......
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 4/25/2006 12:07 PM
ThrillKill

Date registered: Dec 1899
Guys, multiple question......

Firstly, due to the air conditioning ducts, the MCS retrofit(in CLK) had to be trimmed in the back to accommodate. This worked well however, when I dropped in the nav drive I am faced with about a 1/4 clearance problem so the MCS is not completely imbedded in the dash. The workaround would be to relocate the nav drive into the glove box but I have been unable to locate an extender cable. Do you know of any? If not, how many wires are in the plug? Is a cut and solder job feasible?

Secondly, is there any way to get into the bios and change the nav splash screen to a different image? TIA.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 4/25/2006 12:13 PM
ttaleric

RE: Guys, multiple question......

You could cut the connector off, then put wires in place to extend it. then put the connector back onto the extended wire.
#1556 - in reply to #1555
Author
Posted 4/25/2006 1:24 PM
ThrillKill

RE: Guys, multiple question......

ttaleric - 4/25/2006 11:13 AM You could cut the connector off, then put wires in place to extend it. then put the connector back onto the extended wire.

I know that's what Frank did, just thought there was an oem-ish way. Any idea on how many wires in there? Quite a few pinouts.

#1587 - in reply to #1556
Author
Posted 4/25/2006 1:32 PM
ttaleric

Re: Guys, multiple question......

oem-ish... Nice one. I am sure you can buy the connectors (male/female) from mercedes (maybe)... Then make some sort of oem-ish cables.
#1599 - in reply to #1587
Author
Posted 4/27/2006 2:30 AM
samhmbz

Re: Guys, multiple question......

Curious, I have a mcs w/ a broken screen so I took apart the connector to see how many of those pins are actually used cause I couldnt find it in a diagram and they all are used...........looks like about 23 wires.

Hope that helps,
Sam

original equipment manufacturer
NOUN:
Abbr. OEM
A company that purchases computers or other complex components from manufacturers, adds other hardware or software, and sells the systems, often for specific applications.

Sorry, we have no matches for OEM-ISH
Did you mean IMPISH?
Other Suggestions:
AMISH
AMBUSH
IMNSHO
EMMERICH
OEM-ISH NOUN: kinda
origin : American
To destruct or Hack something beyond recognition.
All in fun.

Sam

Did the radio code work for you ?

Edited by samhmbz 4/27/2006 2:41 AM
#3429 - in reply to #1555
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1