Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Technical Forums : Mercedes-Benz Audio, Telematics & Lighting : Comand C1 and C2 connectors – A Unique Source.

Page 1 of 1 1
Comand C1 and C2 connectors – A Unique Source.
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 6/28/2006 10:09 AM
Georges ML350

Date registered: Dec 1899
Comand C1 and C2 connectors – A Unique Source.

For those of us that have made our own C to C1 / C2 harness, you would have noted the ridiculously high cost for the pins, especially if you buy from MB.

Whilst at a car wrecking yard just recently, (see my other post under W163 as to why I was there !!) I noticed a row of BMW’s of approximately mid to late 1990’s. Nearly all of them were ½ chassis, with the dashboards partly removed.

On close examination, I noticed the prolific usage of electrical connectors, IDENTICAL to those used by the Comand unit.(C1 and C2)

It would appear that BMW use this type of connector for the majority of the dash wiring, something that MB doesn’t do.

Anyway, I found numerous 8-pin connectors, and 18-pin connectors, some even had the locking housing on them.

And as and added bonus, they are all “pre wired”.

The connector in the pic is a 26 pin, with about 2 feet of wire attached, which I also bought just for the pins.

The pins are very easily removed by inserting a thin blade into the side where part of the contact shows and gently tugging on the wire. I now have 26 pins pre-wired for future usage.
They will fit perfectly into the C1 and C2 connector body.

This assembled connector cost me $5.00. A lot better than spending $75.00 at MB, just for the pins.

(connector.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments connector.jpg (79KB - 12 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 6/29/2006 12:45 AM
samhmbz

Date registered: Dec 1899
Re: Comand C1 and C2 connectors – A Unique Source.

Yes those connections and harness design's are common among euro vehicles din/en/iso etc....
except in the 163 M class witch boasts mostly Delphi wiring and connections, not to mention this started a relationship between DCAG and Delphi possibly keeping them (Delphi)from bankruptcy.
Whose components are now going into more current and planned models.
Ill stop rambling.......
Sam
#27470 - in reply to #27149
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1