Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Sedan Forums : W123 E,CE,D,CD,TD,TE Class : Auxiliary fan wiring

Page 1 of 1 1
Auxiliary fan wiring
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 7/12/2006 7:56 PM
iNeon

Date registered: Dec 1899
Auxiliary fan wiring

Shlomo's previous owner mangled the fan wiring so it runs at all times instead of just when the A/C is on.

It pulls a LOT of voltage-- the car runs at 14v with it disconnected, but around 12.9 with it on. It makes like hard in the winter because the battery not only has to run the glow system, but the fan until the starter is engaged and the battery is recharged.

He goes dead plenty because of this and I assume that this has contributed to the battery dying prematurely.

Can any of youall trace the wiring for me? Are they common to 300/280 models or am I going to have to wait for the u-pull-it to get another 240 to pull the harness? Is the wiring to the fan integrated into the fan where I will have to buy the fan as well, or does it plug in where I can just buy the wires?

I just want the fan to function as it was designed!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 7/13/2006 1:09 AM
BenzDieselTuner

Re: Auxiliary fan wiring

it plugs in (2 seperate wires, plus and minus) at a connector that is located by the AC Condensor, on my car........idk if urs would be the same.......probably, but who knows...........
#30808 - in reply to #30705
Author
Posted 7/13/2006 1:20 AM
iNeon

Re: Auxiliary fan wiring

--I mean the other end, the end that goes to the fan itself, are the pigtails run directly to the fan(fixed) or is there a plug where I can just buy the wiring harness itself instead of the fan and all the wires together?

Shlomo's previous guardian had cut/spliced the wires right by the support brackets in front of the condenser, and I want it to be normal again instead of always on.
#30810 - in reply to #30808
Author
Posted 7/13/2006 4:14 PM
Nutz
Expert

Date registered: Apr 2006
RE: Auxiliary fan wiring

Here's part 1 of the schematics but I'll have to search for the other half.

#30939 - in reply to #30705
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1