W123 of the month
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 7/30/2006 12:00 PM
Nutz
Expert

Date registered: Apr 2006
W123 of the month

Send pics to flyboyike or me if you're interested.Engine,interior,exterior and a little about it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 7/31/2006 9:44 PM
Nutz
Expert

Date registered: Apr 2006
RE: W123 of the month

W123 of August '06

The Don

1985 300DT

This is my 1985 300DT with 263,531 miles.I bought it almost a year ago for a project on biodiesel,I never did actually use my own fuel in it because I loved the engine and engineering too much and didn't want to risk anything.But I do put a gallon of new vegatable oil in whenever I get some for free from work.How I came across the 300DT was interesting,searched online for some time,being in Florida,not many diesel cars were sold,VW and Mercedes,originally I was going for a VW Rabbit hatchback but the Benz was an auto.I'm in high school and worked at McDonalds at the time and was only making $500 a month.I worked a deal with the lady that owned it,we put a personal lein on the car and paid her $250 a month and paid $50 a month for insurance.I recently paid it off and believe I'm the 4th owner.The first owner religiously took care of the car,oil changes at 4K,all scheduled maintenance up to 120K then it swsitched hands and have no records past him so I find things out as I go.

If you have noticed,I did not remove my EGR and my ARV is soon to be replaced with a KKK compressor housing pre-ARV.The interior is in good shape,though it is sun bleached,it's still decent in my eyes.I need to redo the headliner since it has a lil' tear and the leather/vinyl section needs repair,need new sun visors and my dash has one small crack that I'm watching....it's growing...I need to stop it.The wood is in good shape,the piece on the glove box had come undone from the metal backing and I gorilla glued it back,the glove box door needs to be replaced since the car was broken into but no windows were broken(the previous owner said the drivers mechanical lock failed...it didn't need lube) and the neighborhood kids broke in and ripped open the glove box.Before I had to wedge paper in the cracks to keep it closed but I have fixed that.The door is kind of lopsided and I need a new one.

The body needs to be repainted which I plan on doing myself this high school year for my Senior project.I do need to do some minor body work,some dings and such.I do have a small spot of rust from where water leaked in from the antenna and collected.I'm going to POR 15 it and live with it.The new color is probably going to be Russet brown or Mocha...I'm partial to the browns.

Thanks

The Don

#34183 - in reply to #33856
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1